Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Opti coat and halo bubbles

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Opti coat and halo bubbles

Ive worked with opti-coat 2.0 before but never on a F-body and Im going to do my 2000 SS this weekend. This car has the typical bubbles on the halo when its hot in the sun. They're barely noticeable, but Im not sure whether I should coat the halo, given the gassing problems that cause the bubbles. I pretty much decided Im not going to, but I wanted to ask first. If you have coated it, I primarily wanting to know if it made the problem worse or no change in the way the bubbles pop up in the heat. I know I can always compound it off if it were to make it worse, but finding time to actually work on my own car is unfortunately laughable. I have this one entire weekend to give its first correction and seal and thats its for awhile other than washing.

Hopefully Gofast or someone who has coated a halo on a 98-02 car with this problem. Not looking for guesses.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You may want to try and post here or PM him. Autogeek would be a good place to post as well.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ailer-118.html
Old 07-24-2013, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So, let me ask because I'm confused, ...
Do you want to coat the top of the halo/B-pillar to try to seal it, but yet the out-gassing is caused from the underside?

Quick Reply: Opti coat and halo bubbles