Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gauging interest

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauging interest

Ok two things,

I need new headlight lenses, along with my buddies. I also would like alittle more bang for my buck out of my ram air hood.

So two projects, one would be vacuum forming headlight lenses.

The other would be making a new hood that has a larger opening closer to the front of the hood. One, to make it large enough to clear a truck intake and Two to enable a filter to mounted to the hood/between the opening in the hood and the throttlebody. Kinda thought it'd be neat to pop the hood and have the filer attached to the hood leaving less clutter at car shows.

The reason I ask for interest is simple. I can whip up some lenses and slowly work on fabing a hood, Or I can spend more time investing more effort in making a "product" and pass it along to the community. I mostly ask this for the hood as I could probably 1 off a hood in a month or two but simplifying the design to allow for easy mold use will take more time, along with making the molds and of course funds.

anyways guys thanks in advance for input.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the hood sounds cool, I'd love to see it come to reality
Old 08-10-2013, 09:26 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't think the hood is the limiting factor with running a truck intake on an Fbody. It's the cowl.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
I don't think the hood is the limiting factor with running a truck intake on an Fbody. It's the cowl.
I was kinda eyeballing it, until I get exact measurements or a manifold i wont know. I do know it will be very close lol, and may require alittle cutting. I figured the obvious gains from the intake would not bother people too much when they cut into the cowl if it requires it.

Im going to try and draft up alittle drawing of the hood tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Gauging interest