Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wax question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wax question.

Just finished up using the m105/205 combo on my car. It turned out great, but now I have stupid question.

I've never used wax before, I bought yellow carnauba wax from meguiars. Gonna wash the car tomorrow to get rid of all the dust from polishing, my question is, can I just use the foam pad that I used for the 205 to apply the wax.

Once the wax is applied, what steps do I take or change to keep the car clean? Can I continue to use car soap/shampoo normally or do I avoid using shampoos so the wax doesn't strip?

Again, I've never used a wax before so I don't know the do's and don't of wax. Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Here is a couple shots on how the paint turned out. I'm very satisfied considering the condition of the paint before hand.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You would want to use a pad that has no cut to it like a grey lake country pad. If you don't have a pad just do it by hand. To keep it clean use any dedicated car wash soap. You can also use a spray wax like meguiars ultimate spray wax in between washes as a wax booster. Just remember that carnauba's don't last as long as a synthetic wax/sealant.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the fast response.

Quick Reply: Wax question.