Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Best replacement lights for fogs (DRL) on a 02 TA

Old 09-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best replacement lights for fogs (DRL) on a 02 TA

I had HID's installed in my 2002 TA, they are melting the lens, I have them wired to use as DRL's and did not like the look or brightness of the stock halos, what would be the next best thing to HID's and not melt the lens and housing?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "Cree" look like they are maybe worth a shot, will any 880 bulb work in the fogs on a 02 TA? When I do the "will they fit your vehicle" the Cree 880's on Ebay say they will NOT fit my TA.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

880 is 880, never trust a will they fit guide. If your lenses are melted then you'll wanna replace your housings (unless you wanna go thru the hassle of replacing just the lenses), personally I plan to go to aftermarket housings that have a guide for installing on these cars (see the lighting FAQ) but for the lights I'm planning there is no HID option but they will be glass lenses and metal housings so no more worry of melting. Another option is to get a set of fogs from a pre-98 car when they where glass/metal and swap the mounting brackets over, this will solve your melting issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best replacement lights for fogs (DRL) on a 02 TA