Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Work in progress..

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea definetly silver with the blue, take our advice for what it is, with these types of cars its pretty easy to "rice" them out. have you taken a look at some blue member cars.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
you wanna move away from the chrome look, it's just out of place these days and honestly white wheels would be worse then chrome. can you get pictures of the silvers they have? My first car was a 96 Tahoe that was Midnight Blue which is if not exactly pretty damn close to the color of your car, so I have a good idea of what works well with that color.

if I've still got photoshop on my desktop I'll give an attempt to mod the "after" pic of your car to be more in the what I was thinking line later tonight.
I still like chrome. And I don't like blacking out a car unless it's black. There is just too many blacked out cars driving around here. And sadly I don't have any pictures. It's similar to the silver that was on the other stripes. And you can if you like, I'm open to ideas.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
Yea definetly silver with the blue, take our advice for what it is, with these types of cars its pretty easy to "rice" them out. have you taken a look at some blue member cars.
No I haven't seen any other memebers cars yet.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
For the tails, I would look into the "Import" style is what I call them. They basically look like candy corn to me where the outer edge is Yellow/Amber, red then white I think. There not cheap but there different than the stock tail lights. If I can find a pic of them, I'll post up.
Yeah there are a lot of those kind of tail lights I've noticed. And please do post, all ideas welcome.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

it's real rough but here is the basics of the how it would go.
Attached Thumbnails Work in progress..-blazer.jpg  
Old 10-14-2013, 12:03 AM
Launching!

it's real rough but here is the basics of the how it would go.
I like it. My idea was to stop at the gas cap area. But that looks even better. I really appreciate you doing that for me, i suck at photo shop lol. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace
I like it. My idea was to stop at the gas cap area. But that looks even better. I really appreciate you doing that for me, i suck at photo shop lol. Thanks!
I suck at it too, I've barely used it and only a few tries before, this was the most advanced things i've done with it. hardest thing was cut and pasting then resizing the wheels.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Launching!

I suck at it too, I've barely used it and only a few tries before, this was the most advanced things i've done with it. hardest thing was cut and pasting then resizing the wheels.
Oh ****, I didn't realize you changed the wheels too. Haha sorry I use my phone when I'm on the forum. And thumbnails are like really small haha. But I zoomed in and it looks real nice. I thought about solid spoke wheels. But those look really nice. Damn I keep changing my mind. Haha, idk whether I want chrome wheels, aluminum wheels, or gun metal grey.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Oh ****, I didn't realize you changed the wheels too. Haha sorry I use my phone when I'm on the forum. And thumbnails are like really small haha. But I zoomed in and it looks real nice. I thought about solid spoke wheels. But those look really nice. Damn I keep changing my mind. Haha, idk whether I want chrome wheels, aluminum wheels, or gun metal grey.
I would say no chrome or polished wheels, stick to the silver, grey, gunmetal shades and get the stripe in the same color as the wheels. something else you can do is use masking tape to layout the stripe and spray on a temporary stripe using Plasti-dip (they have a grey one) and see if you like the look before you fork out the cash for a full on vinyl piece. this way you can try a few different stripe designs.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:50 AM
Launching!

I would say no chrome or polished wheels, stick to the silver, grey, gunmetal shades and get the stripe in the same color as the wheels. something else you can do is use masking tape to layout the stripe and spray on a temporary stripe using Plasti-dip (they have a grey one) and see if you like the look before you fork out the cash for a full on vinyl piece. this way you can try a few different stripe designs.
I just never liked gun metal grey that much. Only a few cars pull it off for me. I think the 4th gen camaros look great with chrome. I could see grey wheels on a white camaro though. Blue seems sorta odd. Anyone on the forums with a metallic blue car with gun metal grey? And I'll give that a try, I'll research on how to do it.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Which "chrome" wheels are you thinking about? OEM or aftermarket?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Which "chrome" wheels are you thinking about? OEM or aftermarket?
They look similar to c5 deep dish wheels. I forget what they were called. Still kind of browsing.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

They look similar to c5 deep dish wheels. I forget what they were called. Still kind of browsing.
Thats what i have is the c5's i like em they also make them in gunmetal fyi
Old 10-15-2013, 04:15 AM
Launching!

Thats what i have is the c5's i like em they also make them in gunmetal fyi
I like them as well. I'm getting something similar to them. And I'm having a hard time choosing what finish of wheels to go with as well as stripes.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

With the blue i like the black finish or chrome could give it a clean look also depending on what your other exterior mods are going to be.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:53 AM
Launching!

With the blue i like the black finish or chrome could give it a clean look also depending on what your other exterior mods are going to be.
I like the chrome look. And I'm still going with a simple pin stripe. Wing is off just needs a new paint job. So as for exterior mods, not much else than wheels and tail lights. I found some cool led tail lights that to me didn't seem ricey. And I'm still looking for wheels. 18inch 5 spoke wheels to be exact.

I did think about blacking the car out. But idk. It's been done a lot around here. It's a hard choice. I think adding color and chrome will stick out in the crowd. But I'm open to opinions.

Quick Reply: Work in progress..