Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wheel Care made (ridiculously) easy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Care made (ridiculously) easy!

It really doesn't get any easier than this....

What you need:
  • A hose with running water
  • A clean wheel
  • CarPro Hydro2 diluted 1 part Hydro2 to 3 parts water
  • A spray bottle

Both Permanon and CarPro Hydro2 use unique technology that allows for a semi-permanent coating to attach to a subject using water as the medium. Never before has protection been this easy!

With Permanon you get a better dilution ratio. Permanon Diamond Finish retails at $225.99 per liter. When diluted at a 5% ratio, you end up with 21 liters of Permanon for $231.99 (counting for the cost of distilled water), for a cost of $11.05 per liter, VERY CHEAP. Compared to CarPro Hydro2 it doesn't last as long (8 weeks vs. 12-14 weeks in my experience) but it is more forgiving to streaking and application.

CarPro Hydro2 comes in at $119.99 per liter and dilutes with 1:3 with water. Including the cost of water, this gives Hydro2 a more expensive price of $31.24 per liter (4 total liters). However it does last longer and seems to provide more protection as well. It is a little trickier to apply.

Easy as 1-2... well 1-2.

Starting with a clean (and wet wheel)...

In this test I used Hydro2, diluted with 3 parts water to 1 part product. To demonstrated the difference, I only sprayed the left side of the wheel.
Step 1, spray onto wheel, into the barrels, and brake caliper.

Allow to dwell for a handful of seconds, then do step 2. Rinse (yes seriously, that's step 2).

To demonstrate the difference, look at the left side after rinsing vs. the right side. Both sides are wet.

Just like that you can valuable protection (with Hydro2 you can except several months of protection on wheels) in just seconds. And because both products apply using water as a medium, just the act of blasting it will spread the product into areas that are very difficult to reach otherwise.

The benefits of a protected wheel are:
  • Much easier to clean
  • Much more resistant to damage caused by the iron contamination in brake dust
  • Wheels will appear shinier
  • Wheels will stay clean, longer

Because of technology, a few mists every few months are all that is needed to keep any wheel finish looking great.

*Note- Do not worry about overspray on brake rotors. The scrubbing action of the pads will clean off any coating in mere seconds. That said, I have not applied any Permanon product or CarPro Hydro2 to any vehicle with carbon-ceramic brake rotors. These rotors tend to be porous and can absorb product, proceed with caution.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it work on polished aluminum?
Old 10-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Furious1
Does it work on polished aluminum?
Yes it absolutely does great on polished aluminum. However, because polished aluminum doesn't have quite the surface area of a rough-cast part (or even polished paint) it won't last quite as long. I would recommend monthly applications to help ward off oxidation.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

I've been looking at options with my CCW's to help keep them maintained. This might be a decent option.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too have polished aluminum Billet Specialties and am looking for something as well as something to remove oxidation already in the aluminum
Old 10-08-2013, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

painted wheels too or with clear?

Quick Reply: Wheel Care made (ridiculously) easy!