Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Another decal question! Sorry!

Old 10-12-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another decal question! Sorry!

So I've trolled the forum and I've found myself mixed answers.

My dad has a black 2001 formula firehawk. It's been sitting forever...and decals are just faded and ruined and he needs a new paint job. Well his birthday was today so i thought to buy him new decals for his birthday. I did some research and found slp doesn't sell them so i bought some off eBay. Hs car originally had silver with pink flame...well I could only find silver with purple flame...well he freaked. He absolutely hated them and said they were useless because slp didn't make them and they weren't original I contacted the guy that made them and he said the silver with purple is correct but can make me some with pink if I'd like...he said silver and pink isn't originally but that's what my dads come with? Does the formula and trans am firehawks come with different flames maybe? Like formula gets pink and trans am purple?

Is it really THAT big of a deal if he has purple instead of pink? I dunno I thought I was doing good getting him that and he'd love it, what a slap in my face! Lol.

Side note, love your cars I've seen while trolling trying to find answers. My dads got a 68 firebird and the 2001 firehawk and I have a 2004 supercharged sunfire haha! We're a Pontiac family
Old 10-12-2013, 09:05 PM

You're only bets probably would have been ebay but I don't know if emblempros might have it. Could try there?

I know i've browsed some of the Camaro badges but it looks like it's got the Firebird badges too.

Good luck in the search though!
Old 10-12-2013, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no expert but I believe the pink is the correct color on the black hawks.. Not sure where to get them tho.

Btw, I'd kill for a formula hawk. Very jealous.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Shore Marketing on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/shore-market...1&_ipg=&_from=

They specialize in SLP parts, I've seen plenty of Camaro SS & Firehawk decal's, and etc through them. The Firehawk parts they are selling are stuff LS1 Firebird owners could have only dreamed of getting a hold of in the past. Also if you contact SLP I'm sure they can get you the decal's and everything you need for the Firehawk, all they need is the vin of the car & they can get you replacements.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:56 AM

Yeah, I got some from ebay, and they look awesome, they just have the purple flame instead of the pink. Guy said he can make them for me with the pink flame but it wasn't correct. I'll just get them made anyways since thats what his had originally its right for his model at least!

Yeah he loves his formula hawk, its supposed to be 1 of 4 or something with the packages it came with and what not. He hasn't taken the best care of it though! He's trying to get it back to brand new now though.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

And again, ..., another good resource info note sent.
Good Luck!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BluePhoenixLSX
Shore Marketing on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/shore-market...1&_ipg=&_from=

They specialize in SLP parts, I've seen plenty of Camaro SS & Firehawk decal's, and etc through them. The Firehawk parts they are selling are stuff LS1 Firebird owners could have only dreamed of getting a hold of in the past. Also if you contact SLP I'm sure they can get you the decal's and everything you need for the Firehawk, all they need is the vin of the car & they can get you replacements.
Shore Marketing is Dave Hamburgers store and sells left over SLP parts. SLP no longer makes Firehawk parts, and will not be able to "get you everything you need for a Hawk."

Originally Posted by Evilamc
Yeah, I got some from ebay, and they look awesome, they just have the purple flame instead of the pink. Guy said he can make them for me with the pink flame but it wasn't correct. I'll just get them made anyways since thats what his had originally its right for his model at least!

Yeah he loves his formula hawk, its supposed to be 1 of 4 or something with the packages it came with and what not. He hasn't taken the best care of it though! He's trying to get it back to brand new now though.
My '01 Formula Hawk came with pink "tildes" or "swoosh" over the i. Is your dads a hardtop or t-top car?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another decal question! Sorry!