Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Don't just wash your paint, pamper it with the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't just wash your paint, pamper it with the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt

The Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt is simply the safest, softest and fluffiest way to pamper your paint as you wash it. Each mitt is made from hand-selected cuts of Merino Wool.

Merino Wool is typically reserved for high end clothing and garments, were a soft and tactile feel is paramount. Famous for its soft feel and extremely long nap, Merino Wool features silky stands of nap that hold dirt deep in the pile and away from your paint.

However, this 100% natural wash mitt does require a little bit of care, as do all things that tend to be premium. Here is a quick how-to and review of this amazing wash mitt.

Because the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mittis a natural wash mitt, made from genuine sheepskin, the Aussie may have grass or earthy debris deep in the pile. Brush with fine tooth metal comb or sturdy brush prior to use. Wash with plain water or a dedicated wool detergent after use and hang to dry.

Here is a picture of the mitt after use, when it arrives at your door it will be fluffier. However, you still need to prep it before use.

You can use a Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush to fluff the fibers...

Although a fine-metal "pet" brush is ideal. Not only will this comb away any debris from the Merino Sheep's last days, it will give the mitt a soft and silky feel.

As a benefit, it will pull away any loose strands of wool (safe these for clothes, as they are very expensive )

Once fluffed, the Aussie will is HUGE! It will hold 3-4 times as much solution as a regular lambs wool and is much softer as well.

Finally, if it is brand new, I like to dunk it and massage it around in a bucket of water to loosen any soil deep within the pile.

In use:

It's always difficult to capture a wash mitt in pictures, since the majority of the benefits have to be felt or heard (such as the ample amount of soap solution cascading off the body panel and splashing on the driveway).

This picture gives you a small idea of how much solution this mitt holds.

The silky fibers work the soap into a frothy lather while trapping any dust, dirt, road pitch and insect remains deep in the pile. Once placed in a rinse bucket and lightly scrubbed against a grit guard, the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt will release any dirt effortlessly.

After care:

Once you are done using the mitt, make sure to rinse it thoroughly, either in a bucket of water or with your house. You want to remove as much soap solution as possible. Then wring it out (or shake it like crazy).

To prevent rot, you can flip the cuff inside-out to promote some air flow. Hang the mitt up and let it dry completely.

Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt
  • Genuine Merino wool wash mitt
  • Ultra soft, non-scratch design
  • Hand made from carefully selected wool

Benefits:
  1. Holds 3-4 times the amount of solution of natural lamb's wool mitts
  2. Long wearing design will last at least 4 times longer with proper care
  3. The absolute softest, safest way to wash your paint
  4. Reduces scratches, swirl marks, and surface dulling

Cons:
  1. Requires more upkeep than other wash media (microfiber and synthetic sponges)
  2. Quickly drains the wash bucket

Conclusion:

I use a number of different wash tools, from microfiber towels and chenile mitts to natural sea sponges... The Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt, is hand's down, the softest and most gentle way to wash your car. The ultra-long wearing material will last considerably longer than other sheepskin lamb's wool wash mitts, and it is softer to boot.

Ultimately, I have found my optimum wash tool, and I suggest you give it a try as well. If you are willing to put up with a little upkeep to maintain a highly-polished, swirl-free, paint finish, then I think you will have found your wash tool too.

The Koala Wash Mitt is another 100% Merino Wool Mitt that with a comfort pocket stitched into the backside. It doesn't hold as much solution but is a little easier to care for.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I'm very happy to see you post on here. That's a very nice mitt. I can say get a dedicated brush to clean the wash mitt. I made the mistake of using the wife's hair brush... I'm still hearing about that one.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:39 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I'm very happy to see you post on here. That's a very nice mitt. I can say get a dedicated brush to clean the wash mitt. I made the mistake of using the wife's hair brush... I'm still hearing about that one.
1) It's nice to be here.
2) Oh man..... lol

Quick Reply: Don't just wash your paint, pamper it with the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt