Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

suggestions for brake calipers

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestions for brake calipers

I'm doing some small appearance mods to my red WS6 this month while I have little money for real mods. So far I've purchased black door emblems (not the vinyl, the whole emblem), black ram air decal, black PONTIAC vinyl filler, and removed the plastic molding. Next week or so I'm having the headrests sent off to have WS-6 embroidered in them in red. Yes my scheme is red/black. Did a search and can't find too many pics of examples of this.

So my dilemma is the brakes. I won't be upgrading anytime soon. I won't have stock wheels forever but they will be chrome (probably 5 spoke) whatever I get. Should I go black bracket/caliper? Black and red? Red and Black? Polished caliper and red bracket?

Any suggestions and reasoning would be appreciated. Also if anyone has pics of a red WS6 with painted calipers post em up please. Really want to see how these combos will look before doing anything.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a black caliper with a polished bracket would look nice.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:40 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as i always remind..you cannot polish the bracket without clearcoating it and i don't know of any off the shelf clearcoat that will hold up to that heat..there is only 500 degree available that i've seen. clearcoat in a can makes polished parts look crappy anyway.

you can polish the caliper though and paint the bracket. its what i did with mine.

Quick Reply: suggestions for brake calipers