Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

***BLS 98-02 Firebird V2 Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit Holiday GP***

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 06:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ***BLS 98-02 Firebird V2 Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit Holiday GP***

***BLS 98+ Firebird Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Retrofit V2 Holiday GROUP BUY***

GP GOOD THROUGH December 11th - Spots are limited!

We are pleased to offer the most powerful and best performing lighting system for 98+ Firebirds EVER available on the market. We will continue to offer the V1 as a reduced pricing option for those interested.

What type of lighting is currently available for 98-02 Firebirds?

1) OEM Headlights – Horrendous light output compared to 99% of other new cars produced today.
2) Sealed beam headlight upgrade (Silverstar) – Marginally better than OEM with slightly better color however light output is still very poor.
3) Sealed Beam Conversion – Allows for more lamp options and typically used with coated halogen bulbs producing better but not ground breaking results. Light output sometimes can be worse depending upon the lamp chosen and the coating on the aftermarket lamp.
4) E-Code Conversion Housings – A costly conversion for “better” conversion housings but still lacking the focus and performance of a projector.
5) Sealed Beam Conversion w/ HID Kit – This has been the popular upgrade with the 98+ Firebirds and while it is a less costly option, the performance is still significantly behind a true projector headlight. Many systems will cause glare which is harmful to oncoming drivers. These systems also lack a bi-xenon option.
6) Fixed Headlight Conversion – Certainly the most expensive option ($1K+) with questionable performance, fitment and love it or hate it styling. The low beam uses a DOT approved non-projector housing which will not have the performance of a quality projector.

What’s different about V2 versus our original V1 kit?

- Our V1 kit included a low beam projector from Hella, whereas the new Morimoto projector is a bi-xenon unit. The bi-xenon function is controlled via a solenoid within the projector providing both low and high beam mode all within one unit. HID lamps do not like to be cycled on/off rapidly so with the V2 kit, the projector does all the work while the HID system stays on.

- The new projector provides better low beam performance than the V1 and astounding light output in the high beam mode. The low beam cutoff step for V2 is more traditional versus the more exaggerated step of the V1. Beam width is increased and more light is pushed farther out from the vehicle.
- V2 utilizes the existing headlight bucket allowing for an easy installation and adjustment.
- As with the V1, this kit remains plug and play with no permanent modification required to the vehicle.

For our existing customers

- You can upgrade to the new system while retaining much of your existing BLS kit saving installation time and money. Those with premium systems can still retain their high beam projectors.

- Existing customers will re-utilize their clear main protective lenses, HID ballasts and relay wiring. New HID lamps and some additional wiring will be included with the upgrade setup.

- You must have your original, unmolested factory headlight buckets and hardware including the high tension spring. We can provide stainless hardware to secure the bucket trim ring if needed.

Stock - Low beam mode shown

BLS V2 Bi-Xenon Kit Performance:

DDM Tuning Ballasts / Morimoto 5000k Lamps – Low and High Beam

Morimoto HID system - 35W Ballasts / Morimoto 5000k Lamps – Low and High Beam - Shown on 67 Camaro and Jeep Wrangler - Both using the same projectors as this kit

Low Beam

High Beam

BLS V2 Bi-Xenon Kit Aesthetics – Courtesy of the Alchemist:

Installation:
Installation instructions will be emailed for each kit upon shipment and if you can install a new headlamp in your car, this will not be much harder. Simple hand tools are the only requirement and will be outlined in the instruction manual so you have just what you need. Tolerances are very tight on these vehicles in the headlight area however these were designed to fit appropriately.

Adjustment:
Since the V2 uses the low beam factory bucket, adjustment will be the same as stock. For those purchasing the premium kit with the high beam projectors, adjustment requires a little extra work. The factory top and side adjustments are retained however we include a third adjustment point where the factory spring resides replaced with stainless steel hardware.

Customer Pictures – These images utilize our V1 kit.

What You Get: Special Group Buy Pricing
*** If you do not have unmodified, low beam headlight buckets, the V2 kit will not work***

Existing Customer Upgrade: $250 shipped - **Must have existing, unmodified low beam buckets** - (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors
- Morimoto HID Lamps – Specify (4500k, 5000k, or 6000k)
- CNC Machined Projector Retainer
- Split connector wiring
- Sealant
- Detailed Instruction Guide CD

Standard V2 Bi-xenon - $525 shipped (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors
- Main Protective Cover Lenses
- Split connector wiring
- 35W Morimoto Ballasts (DDM Slim HID Kit – subtract $50)
- Upgraded HID Relay Harness with Plug-N-Play Connectors
- Sealant
- Detailed Instruction Guide (Emailed PDF)

Premium Kit: Low & High Beams - $795 shipped (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors – Low Beams
- Hella DOT/SAE 60mm Projector High Beams – Halogen Lamps
- Main Protective Cover Lenses
- Split connector wiring
- 35W or 50W Morimoto HID Kit (DDM Slim HID Kit – subtract $70)
- Upgraded HID Relay Harness with Plug-N-Play Connectors
- Aluminum Mounting Frames – High Beams Only
- Acrylic Hardware Cover – High Beams Only
- 65W Halogen lamps w/ PnP connectors (Different lamps available at slight additional cost) – High Beams Only
- Stainless Hardware – High Beams Only
- Sealant
- Detailed Instruction Guide (Emailed PDF)

HID Color Options (Low Beam Only)
4500K – White with slight hint of yellow
5000K – Bright White with touch of blue at the cutoff - Standard and most popular
6000K – White with Blue Tint

Halogen Options (High Beam Only)
Optional Lamp Choices - Extra Charge Applies (Kit will include standard halogen lamps)
Yellow All Weather - 55W - $40
Ultra White - 55W - $30
Pure Blue - 65W - $40
Titanium White - 65W - $55

Group Buy Info:
The Group Buy will last through December 11th or until we receive at least 10 orders. Construction time is 3-4 weeks.

If you would like to purchase the BLS kit, please PM me with the title "I WANT THE BLS KIT" and we will send you the payment information.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:24 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Other than the blower, the best mod I ever did.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Other than the blower, the best mod I ever did.
Glad you are still enjoying them. I think I would love the blower more too and I sell these kits.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:48 PM
FormerVendor

Bump for Cyber Monday
Old 12-02-2013, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed with alchemist... Except I don't have a blower
Old 12-02-2013, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Already blown, soon to be lit.....

Bump for great guy, answered/dealt with all my annoying questions.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BlueBird346
Agreed with alchemist... Except I don't have a blower
Thanks!

Originally Posted by No Juice
Already blown, soon to be lit.....

Bump for great guy, answered/dealt with all my annoying questions.
Much appreciated and no problem at all with the questions.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

Only a couple days left for the GP!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I don't see the V2 kit on your website anymore. Also, have you seen the new Mini D2S 3.0? It has better output and offers a square lens option, but it is a little larger. I think the square lens version would look cool on the Firebird. Also, the bulb is held in by a threaded ring now instead of a clip.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:28 AM
FormerVendor

Funny you should mention this. We are actually working on a setup using the new mini D2S projector. I've been monitoring the feedback on HIDP to see if they are really a step up. It appears they are and we have a square lens set coming in today for development. The mini D2S 2.0 does not use a clip to hold the lamp but has a threaded retaining ring. I believe you are thinking of the mini MH1.

There were delays getting these to us since we first wanted to wait for the production units availability, plus the recent slew of storms in the SE and NE have extended delivery times. The measurements seem favorable so we should be able to come up with a setup rather quickly. I will know more this evening and may start a new thread. These cost more than the D2S 2.0 but I think the marginal cost difference is worth the increased performance.

The V2 will still be available for the time being and it was inadvertently deleted from the website in a recent update. This will be corrected today.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Nice. Looking forward to seeing what happens. I'll be upgrading to HIDs at some point this year as I'm starting to work on the other aspects of the car...
Old 02-06-2014, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still using the matchbox projectors in the LT1 kits?
Old 02-06-2014, 08:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Nice. Looking forward to seeing what happens. I'll be upgrading to HIDs at some point this year as I'm starting to work on the other aspects of the car...
3.0s came in today and they are pretty nice but a bit larger than expected. They fit into the factory bucket but the front lens is much farther forward. Looks like a no go right now but we are going to put our thinking caps on and see if they can work.

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Still using the matchbox projectors in the LT1 kits?
The 93-97 Birds use the FX-R and the 93-97 Camaros use the matchbox.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

I've been following the "new product" thread on HIDP too (you've probably seen my posts). Hopefully you got a real production unit and not one of the pre-productions they had sent out earlier.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:09 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by VIP1
I've been following the "new product" thread on HIDP too (you've probably seen my posts). Hopefully you got a real production unit and not one of the pre-productions they had sent out earlier.
Same here and yes, I made sure we received a production unit (black coated lens holder). Since the stock headlight retaining piece sits right behind the large plastic bezel/trim piece, moving everything forward would cause an issue with clearance at the bumper. There is not much room to go back either. The height and width are fine, length is the challenge here.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:35 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

So is the V2 kit still available? I'd love to have the bi-xenon light option still...
Old 02-07-2014, 07:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
So is the V2 kit still available? I'd love to have the bi-xenon light option still...
Absolutely. The V2 kit is still available and we will likely be running a GP special sometime this month. If the 3.0 D2S fit within our existing design, we could have had that together within a week but due to the much longer length, we will have to tinker with it some more. The data file for the webpage is updated however I need to speak with our webmaster to upload the file.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
The V2 kit is still available and we will likely be running a GP special sometime this month.
Any chance of that GP happening? Hope I didn't miss it. The V2 kit seems ideal and I wish I had purchased this originally. BTW, what becomes of the stock sealed beam inboard high-beams once the V2s are installed? To they just go dormant, or do all 4 lights (2 projectors + 2 sealed high beams) run in high-beam mode?

I currently have the LMC Truck replacements that allow halogen bulbs instead of ancient sealed beams, and I am not impressed with them. The design of the reflector is terrible, so light control/dispersion is worse than even a base Civic by some margin (though still better than stock). On top of that, both bulb sockets melted, they are so cheaply made. The plastic of the bulbs is unaffected, as they are of decent quality, but the connector is now giving me intermittent lighting issues due to the cheap melted plastic sockets.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Any luck/update with the Mini D2S 3.0? Would the depth issue be helped using D2H bulbs instead of D2S?
Old 05-06-2014, 11:08 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by VIP1
Any luck/update with the Mini D2S 3.0? Would the depth issue be helped using D2H bulbs instead of D2S?
We are still tinkering but it has not been a priority at the moment. We are developing a nice retrofit solution for the 99-06 GMC trucks and same for the Silverados of similar years. For the D2S 3.0 to fit, we will need to redo our existing design quite a bit to provide for a deeper protective cover or find a way to push the projector further back while finding a way to seal the open front end. The D2H lamp will certainly help but the challenge is the length of the unit from the bowl base (where the lens holder starts) to the tip of the lens. The backside is great.

Quick Reply: ***BLS 98-02 Firebird V2 Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit Holiday GP***