Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 01-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
cheaper front lip . i want one but they are too expensive at 325 ish , how about 150 for them .

Also what about carbon fiber fender vents for a 98-02 birds or some carbon fiber ram air hood grills .
Agree, so I made my own $140 bucks for all the hardware. I made mine flush with the air dam so all the air that goes in runs straight to the radiator. A lot of work involved tho which is why I understand why it cost so much. Took us about 8 hrs to make a mock up with cardboard then a final abs cut.

Its Krimson bird's fault he inspired me to do it his bird was so beautiful!

Last edited by Maximus23; 01-30-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Teching In

I visited the 6le site and it says the rear bumper insert for the TA's is not available, I would love to buy one of those!

Are you going to be selling those again?
Old 01-30-2014, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

I want those clear tails!
Old 02-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus23
I visited the 6le site and it says the rear bumper insert for the TA's is not available, I would love to buy one of those!

Are you going to be selling those again?
Nope. Might bring them back but have to figure out how much it will cost in the states.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Sorry, still mulling them over...
Looking into feasibility.

lol... You're being a bit ambiguous.

Is Chris still working on the bumpers? Last I talked to him, he was heavy with family issues,IIRC. Did you obtain the rights from him?

The High-Rise wing... I thought the guy (forgot his name) working on that, pushed it to you looong ago?

Justin, the guy who makes the radiator cover, is local and is starting to sell them, but he doesn't make them for the Birds as of yet.

And the RKS Speedster Tonneau... Do you really have something in the works that will be better looking than that?
Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Banned

No clue on Chris. We were going to do some stuff together before but after awhile didn't hear back (was a Firebird bumper).

If he's still making them we will NOT step on toes. If not we can do it but need 30 orders since it would be urethane and the mold in the states is RIDCULOUSLY high (but worth the quality).

High rise wing our convertible is in the body shop, still trying to work out how it could be done simply otherwise it would be a $2000 product.

Justin we hit up about selling for him but he wants to carry on on his own for awhile first. Trans Am cover is sitting in the shop, needing a FIFTH revision, that area is a major PITA.

RK Sport we're working with to see how much a redesign of their current piece would be. They say sales are almost non-existent for that piece and don't think there is a market.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

No clue on Chris. We were going to do some stuff together before but after awhile didn't hear back (was a Firebird bumper).

If he's still making them we will NOT step on toes. If not we can do it but need 30 orders since it would be urethane and the mold in the states is RIDCULOUSLY high (but worth the quality).

High rise wing our convertible is in the body shop, still trying to work out how it could be done simply otherwise it would be a $2000 product.

Justin we hit up about selling for him but he wants to carry on on his own for awhile first. Trans Am cover is sitting in the shop, needing a FIFTH revision, that area is a major PITA.

RK Sport we're working with to see how much a redesign of their current piece would be. They say sales are almost non-existent for that piece and don't think there is a market.
Now that's an answer, lol!

Yeah, last I talked to Chris, he was dead in the water with it, due to family issues or something, it's been a while, I can't recall, but I'm sure you'll get the 30 needed, for a build. The original thread blew up, but with all the time that has passed, it's either been forgot about or people has moved on, because it turned into a dead project. I'd bet the flame is still smoldering for it and wont take much to build that fire again. In the end, I would prefer a U.S. product, but I'd make due with a (place 3rd world country here) piece, just to have one. It's sad really... I have Chris's Evolution bumper and that thing is top notch! But I'm no longer doing turbo so it sits, still brand new with it's gel coating.

I can't believe the hi-rise winge is proving to be such and PITA! That's another HOT seller f it can be done "economically."

Yeah, Justin is local to me, but is only working on the Camaros. I am definitely in for a T/A cover!

I can understand that the Tonneau covers has a very limited consumer base; I just want to see something more aggressive and radical in design... if not, for my own sick and perverse pleasures, lol
Old 02-01-2014, 04:46 AM
Banned

Yeah, US is more expensive and can do fiberglass but for just a little more ($700 for you guys instead of $600) we can do injection molded urethane, just like factory with OEM fit and finish). Think you could get 30 orders at $700 + shipping? Free bumper in it for you if you do
Old 02-01-2014, 05:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, US is more expensive and can do fiberglass but for just a little more ($700 for you guys instead of $600) we can do injection molded urethane, just like factory with OEM fit and finish). Think you could get 30 orders at $700 + shipping? Free bumper in it for you if you do
I've got no problem trying to set up a group buy! Would you be using the same design as in Chris's thread or a different style of your own?
Old 02-01-2014, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FamousZ
Yes just like this! Yours are the ones that actually made me want them.
I'd be down for a set of these.

Only color on my car that isn't red, black, silver, or chrome is the orange in the tails. Other than license plates and Camaro emblem. Red white and blue is permitted.

My inspection sticker is gonna be yellow soon......****** YUCK! That's gonna **** me off.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
I've got no problem trying to set up a group buy! Would you be using the same design as in Chris's thread or a different style of your own?
A little different but we'd do a photoshop first. Anything specific you are looking for?
Old 02-01-2014, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

A little different but we'd do a photoshop first. Anything specific you are looking for?
What I would want and what the Johnny Q Public would buy are two different things, lol... my taste is on the radical side of things.

The direction that Chris was going seems to be a winner.

A slight few changes I think would look good though... blend the bottom of the light lids into the bumper. This guy points it out real well...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/14986626-post4.html

And something I think would look trick is if instead of having the Phoenix embossed on the front, cut it out. It would aid in more air flow, but you could then place a light behind it to shine through and illuminate the bird. But I'm sure some would not dig that.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Banned

All doable. Start a thread with what YOU want (photoshop whatever) and see if people dig it. We'd all be driving stock cars with SS hoods and WS6 hoods if no one ever said "Hey, what about this?!"...
Old 02-01-2014, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

All doable. Start a thread with what YOU want (photoshop whatever) and see if people dig it. We'd all be driving stock cars with SS hoods and WS6 hoods if no one ever said "Hey, what about this?!"...
I don't know the first thing about photoshop so if you leave that to me, well be pushing something that looks like it's from a 3rd graders art class, lol...

I could push the thread using Chris's pic since that's the one everyone likes and know, but I don't know how he'd feel about that or how close it is to what you've got going on. Or i can just reignite the thread that got all this going and just tell everyone that you are running with the idea now.

Not sure how to proceed.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dick harrell style spoiler , that can use the factory existing holes for apperance package Camaro. Probably not possible, but one can dream.

Want to change the spoiler so bad , but dont have the money to fill in holes and repaint.

Or hell, just spoiler options period for guys like us lol

Last edited by DeLaRosa25; 02-02-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

It was mentioned in the vent rings thread, but I'd like to see you guys make a cool cupholder replacement.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
And something I think would look trick is if instead of having the Phoenix embossed on the front, cut it out. It would aid in more air flow, but you could then place a light behind it to shine through and illuminate the bird. But I'm sure some would not dig that.
HAHA! Quoting my own quote...

I found this while looking over some sales ads on one of my facebook LSX groups. This is what it would presumably look like with the Phoenix cut out and a light behind it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1472985&type=1

Old 02-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DeLaRosa25
Dick harrell style spoiler , that can use the factory existing holes for apperance package Camaro. Probably not possible, but one can dream.

Want to change the spoiler so bad , but dont have the money to fill in holes and repaint.

Or hell, just spoiler options period for guys like us lol
Tried but it would look goofy since the stock one has such a large base to begin with.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChristopherWelkin
It was mentioned in the vent rings thread, but I'd like to see you guys make a cool cupholder replacement.
Like a trim ring for it? Working on it...

Quick Reply: New product... What do you want to see?