Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Questions about cleaning up harnesses under the hood.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Questions about cleaning up harnesses under the hood.

I've got the body harness from under the hood out and have cleaned up the harness to the firewall bulkhead. I wanna pull all the wires out past it but there's some kind of rubbery resin gluing all the wires together. I plan on taking a heat gun to it but I just wanted ask first if it works or if there's an easier way.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:02 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

The through the firewall section of wires is completely surrounded in this glue you're referring to. The wires are straight through but that glue is some serious ****. I tried melting it but couldn't really get anywhere. I ended up cutting small sections of it off until I could pull each wire out one at a time. It was very tedious and annoying but this was the only way. I removed the entire harness from the car for this.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
The through the firewall section of wires is completely surrounded in this glue you're referring to. The wires are straight through but that glue is some serious ****. I tried melting it but couldn't really get anywhere. I ended up cutting small sections of it off until I could pull each wire out one at a time. It was very tedious and annoying but this was the only way. I removed the entire harness from the car for this.
Thanks man, that's very helpful! Got mine out too, I'll give that a try.

Quick Reply: Questions about cleaning up harnesses under the hood.