Sponsored by: DashLynx

**UPDATE** New plastic deck lid dash top...ABS plastic.**PICS-COMMENTS**

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
if the price is right.
For you and everyone else who wants one......whats a RIGHT price....?

The dealers are trying to sell factory lids for $350-$630.....and they are weak garbage that will be break again.

I asked the owner to get me a best price.....especially if I could get 15-20 people wanting them. She is going to call me this week sometime with a price.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I'm real interested now that we have a review. My question is that I have graphite interior so how would I paint this to match with the correct color?
Old 08-20-2014, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

your pics look alot better then any of the other posted pics, definitely would be interested if we could get a group price cheap enough and see what it looks like installed.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rjla67
Ok, I'm real interested now that we have a review. My question is that I have graphite interior so how would I paint this to match with the correct color?
SEM paint or do what most do and find a vinyl to wrap it with.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:23 AM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been following discussions, off and on, concerning upper dash pad repairs and replacements for close to 10 years. I replaced mine with a new, OEM piece many years ago, and it cracked during winter storage, before I even had a chance to drive the vehicle with the new pad.

I have a used spare, but all the mounting tabs on the bottom are broken off. This new development very much interests me. I have no desire to wrap this thing to match my “Dark Pewter/Light Gray” interior, though. Based on what I have read, adhesion can be real tricky, as can fitment around the vent. I think painting is the way to go on these ABS units.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

Painting would be the only option because of the vents. Speaking of which, that's the only difference I see so far for the factory one the vents are smooth and on these they are textured.

Originally Posted by bsf
I have been following discussions, off and on, concerning upper dash pad repairs and replacements for close to 10 years. I replaced mine with a new, OEM piece many years ago, and it cracked during winter storage, before I even had a chance to drive the vehicle with the new pad.

I have a used spare, but all the mounting tabs on the bottom are broken off. This new development very much interests me. I have no desire to wrap this thing to match my “Dark Pewter/Light Gray” interior, though. Based on what I have read, adhesion can be real tricky, as can fitment around the vent. I think painting is the way to go on these ABS units.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

According to this pic, it appears the fitment will be incorrect over the gauge cluster and the center sagging over the air vent. Please let us know how yours fits when installed.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:17 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Painting would be the only option because of the vents....
It appears those who wrap them normally cut out the vent and fill the opening with perforated, metal sheet. I personally do not like the aesthetics of that.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Banned

Painting would be the only option because of the vents. Speaking of which, that's the only difference I see so far for the factory one the vents are smooth and on these they are textured.
They aren't textured.....they feel the same as the rest of the piece. I did notice today after driving my car with the factory piece still installed. The vents as a whole are a little more flat throughout.....
This ABS piece they aren't perfectly flat but a little bit inset, or they sit a tiny bit lower than the dash plastic around the border of the vents. But its just the design they chose........but it looks fine, just a tiny difference I noticed.

I think if someone pulled there factory one out, never seeing this ABS piece......after it was in they would never even know that the vents were a tiny bit different design.......its not enough to know unless you are visually comparing the two like I am.....

Old 08-20-2014, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZexGX
According to this pic, it appears the fitment will be incorrect over the gauge cluster and the center sagging over the air vent. Please let us know how yours fits when installed.
I'll post pics.....maybe a video of the install if I can. But like I mentioned, unfortunately, I cannot install it till around October 14th.....

Old 08-20-2014, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
I'll post pics.....maybe a video of the install if I can. But like I mentioned, unfortunately, I cannot install it till around October 14th.....
Please post pics of the finished product when you can.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Knowing what's involved I think this looks pretty darn good!!! It is NOT injection molding (which in the states costs $7500-$15000 for something like this, we looked into it) it's thermal formed (according to the description) which is what we do with the lenses.

Still not cheap to get going and you're definitely going to have high and low spots due to the process (you're heating and stretching a plastic) but looks pretty good to me and I'm just thankful someone stepped up to offer us SOMETHING other than the caps...
Old 08-20-2014, 10:57 PM
Banned

I'll post pics and a video.....sorry it has to wait till October......gotta go the Middle East for 6 weeks and work....

Old 08-25-2014, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS6427
For you and everyone else who wants one......whats a RIGHT price....?

The dealers are trying to sell factory lids for $350-$630.....and they are weak garbage that will be break again.

I asked the owner to get me a best price.....especially if I could get 15-20 people wanting them. She is going to call me this week sometime with a price.

this place is located in south florida and so are you... seems odd. you seem to bash everyone else's ideas/ways of replacing/fixing their's, almost to the extent of pushing this as your product.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by QWIK Z of OP
this place is located in south florida and so are you... seems odd. you seem to bash everyone else's ideas/ways of replacing/fixing their's, almost to the extent of pushing this as your product.
and.......what, do you think this is my business....? LOL

Yea....Im gonna make everyone wait till October some time to put mine in to start selling them.

And when did I bash anyones ideas. All I pointed out was the FACT that buying a new factory piece is pretty much the same ****....it will crack if you look at it wrong, and ABS will be very hard to crack even if you tried to. I also mentioned the vents in the ABS piece are different then factory, they do not lay as flat.

I used my own money to buy one so I could tell everyone here if its worth a ****..........I also tried to talk to the lady about giving us a group price if I can get enough people to buy them. I make over $200,000 a year, I'm not needing to make $10-$20 on each one I can sell to people.....LOL......

Anyway....not sure WTF you're getting at........

Old 08-26-2014, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by QWIK Z of OP

so what! he's just trying to help those in need of a fix for their cracked dash pads.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So what if they're giving him a free one or even a cut to get the word out? That's how you get the word out. It's a new product no one else has been able to make for 12 years, just glad it's out there...
Old 09-03-2014, 05:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just messaged them on ebay, inquiring if they would ever make the 93-96 dash. I currently fixed mine with some wood on the underside and outdoor black carpet on top. It looks so so but now that I moved back to FL the heat has melted the glue.

I really need one of these! I don't want to have to change my whole dash board though...
Old 09-03-2014, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camar0corey
I just messaged them on ebay, inquiring if they would ever make the 93-96 dash. I currently fixed mine with some wood on the underside and outdoor black carpet on top. It looks so so but now that I moved back to FL the heat has melted the glue.

I really need one of these! I don't want to have to change my whole dash board though...
Id be in on that in a heartbeat lol
Old 09-27-2014, 08:33 AM

Default they do

Originally Posted by camar0corey

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=250

they made it, im thinking about getting it but heres the thing, my dash is cracked and broken, will this go right over it without looking like ****?

Quick Reply: **UPDATE** New plastic deck lid dash top...ABS plastic.**PICS-COMMENTS**