Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

**UPDATE** New plastic deck lid dash top...ABS plastic.**PICS-COMMENTS**

Old 02-28-2017, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Mine is still doing great...........

And you live in Florida so that says alot too on the material.....trust me Im in the same boat with the florida heat
Old 04-07-2017, 04:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I ordered this exact unit from eBay and mine had a horrible fitment.
The two tabs on the driverside would not mate up with the holes designated for them on the car making it impossible to install.
I cut those two tabs off with the intention of velcro'ing it down but the velcro wasn't strong enough.
The center area where the vent is sits higher than the deck of the car's dashboard so the passenger can literally look right inside of it.
Also the Alarm and Light sensor did not connect into the sockets...

I sent mine back but DANG I need a Dashboard and don't want to fork over $500... should I give these guys one more try? I can't use a cap or a mat, my upper dash was destroyed so it is gone and must be replaced.

Edit: .. Meh.. just forked over $500 for a new GM dash, although Im getting $289 back from the eBay dash.. it still hurts.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 04-07-2017 at 05:00 AM.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4Camaro
I ordered this exact unit from eBay and mine had a horrible fitment.
The two tabs on the driverside would not mate up with the holes designated for them on the car making it impossible to install.
I cut those two tabs off with the intention of velcro'ing it down but the velcro wasn't strong enough.
The center area where the vent is sits higher than the deck of the car's dashboard so the passenger can literally look right inside of it.
Also the Alarm and Light sensor did not connect into the sockets...

I sent mine back but DANG I need a Dashboard and don't want to fork over $500... should I give these guys one more try? I can't use a cap or a mat, my upper dash was destroyed so it is gone and must be replaced.

Edit: .. Meh.. just forked over $500 for a new GM dash, although Im getting $289 back from the eBay dash.. it still hurts.
500$ including shipping? They are out there for 415$.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
500$ including shipping? They are out there for 415$.
Yeah that included shipping.
gmpartsdirect was going to be about $600 shipped
The ones on eBay for $415 they tac on an extra $150 for shipping so that comes out to alittle over $550. I just got mine for $480ish with free shipping.
I saw a new one for $269 last weekend and saved it to my watch list, when I went to buy it, it was GONE.
So yeah.. no dice on a cheap dash.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been using a upper dash mat cover from lethal interiors for about 5 or 6 years now. It cut down on glare and no one even notices it's there

I'm not paying $500 for another one that's going to crack in a couple years. Who knows how long gm has had those things sitting in the back of a warehouse for

Name:  094D0140-DF6D-4519-96C9-5F375390FCFB-5816-0000063518206C2B.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  317.4 KB
Old 04-11-2017, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
I've been using a upper dash mat cover from lethal interiors for about 5 or 6 years now. It cut down on glare and no one even notices it's there

I'm not paying $500 for another one that's going to crack in a couple years. Who knows how long gm has had those things sitting in the back of a warehouse for
I couldn't because I no longer have my factory dash, it was FUBAR when it was removed and I attempted to repair it but that didn't pan out so I threw it away when I got my eBay replacement, but the eBay replacement isn't fitting properly at all so I was forced to buy a factory dash all over again.

I heard there is water based protectant known as "The 303" that will prolong the life of the plastic.. plus my car doesn't really sit in the sun much anymore so it should be okay..it just sucks that I had to pay another $500.. I'll be getting almost $300 of it back though so its not a huge loss, just inconvenient.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **UPDATE** New plastic deck lid dash top...ABS plastic.**PICS-COMMENTS**