Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

***BLS 98-02 FIREBIRD Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit Winter/Holiday 2014 GP***

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 07:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ***BLS 98-02 FIREBIRD Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit Winter/Holiday 2014 GP***

***BLS 98+ Firebird Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Retrofit V2 Winter/Holiday 2014 GROUP BUY***

GP GOOD THROUGH DECEMBER 1ST - Spots are limited!

We are pleased to offer the most powerful and best performing lighting system for 98+ Firebirds EVER available on the market. For this GP, we have added a new kit option for those who want the absolute ultimate in light output. This is called the Premium Plus. The Premium Plus option utilizes four, HID bi-xenon projectors. The Premium Plus option requires a second HID kit for the vehicle included in the price of the kit.

What type of lighting is currently available for 98-02 Firebirds?

1) OEM Headlights – Horrendous light output compared to 99% of other new cars produced today.
2) Sealed beam headlight upgrade (Silverstar) – Marginally better than OEM with slightly better color however light output is still very poor.
3) Sealed Beam Conversion – Allows for more lamp options and typically used with coated halogen bulbs producing better but not ground breaking results. Light output sometimes can be worse depending upon the lamp chosen and the coating on the aftermarket lamp.
4) E-Code Conversion Housings – A costly conversion for “better” conversion housings but still lacking the focus and performance of a projector.
5) Sealed Beam Conversion w/ HID Kit – This has been the popular upgrade with the 98+ Firebirds and while it is a less costly option, the performance is still significantly behind a true projector headlight. Many systems will cause glare which is harmful to oncoming drivers. These systems also lack a bi-xenon option.
6) Fixed Headlight Conversion – Certainly the most expensive option ($1K+) with questionable performance, fitment and love it or hate it styling. The low beam uses a DOT approved non-projector housing which will not have the performance of a quality projector.

For our existing customers with the V1 kit:

- You can upgrade to the new system while retaining much of your existing BLS kit saving installation time and money. Those with premium systems can still retain their high beam projectors.

- Existing customers will re-utilize their clear main protective lenses, HID ballasts and relay wiring. New HID lamps and some additional wiring will be included with the upgrade setup.

- You must have your original, unmolested factory headlight buckets and hardware including the high tension spring. We can provide stainless hardware to secure the bucket trim ring if needed.

Stock - Low beam mode shown

BLS V2 Bi-Xenon Kit Performance:

DDM Tuning Ballasts / Morimoto 5000k Lamps – Low and High Beam

Morimoto HID system - 35W Ballasts / Morimoto 5000k Lamps – Low and High Beam - Shown on 67 Camaro and Jeep Wrangler - Both using the same projectors as this kit

Low Beam

High Beam

BLS V2 Bi-Xenon Kit Aesthetics – Courtesy of the Alchemist:

BLS V2 Premium Plus - Courtesy of WS6 What (Headlight shroud removed):

Installation:
Installation instructions will be emailed for each kit upon shipment and if you can install a new headlamp in your car, this will not be much harder. Simple hand tools are the only requirement and will be outlined in the instruction manual so you have just what you need.

Adjustment:
Since the V2 uses the low beam factory bucket, adjustment will be the same as stock. For those purchasing the premium kit with the high beam projectors, adjustment requires a little extra work. The factory top and side adjustments are retained however we include a third adjustment point where the factory spring resides replaced with stainless steel hardware.

Customer Pictures – These images utilize our V1 kit.

What You Get: Special Group Buy Pricing
*** If you do not have unmodified, low beam headlight buckets, the V2 kit will not work***

Existing Customer Upgrade: $250 shipped - **Must have existing, unmodified low beam buckets** - (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors
- Morimoto HID Lamps – Specify (4500k, 5000k, or 6000k)
- CNC Machined Projector Retainer
- Split connector wiring
- Sealant
- Detailed Instruction Guide CD

Standard V2 Bi-xenon - $525 shipped (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors
- Main Protective Cover Lenses
- Split connector wiring
- 35W Morimoto Ballasts (DDM Slim HID Kit – subtract $50)
- Upgraded HID Relay Harness with Plug-N-Play Connectors
- Sealant
- Detailed Instruction Guide (Emailed PDF)

Premium Kit: Low & High Beams - $795 shipped (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors – Low Beams
- Hella DOT/SAE 60mm Projector High Beams – Halogen Lamps
- Split connector wiring
- 35W or 50W Morimoto HID Kit (DDM Slim HID Kit – subtract $70)
- Upgraded HID Relay Harness with Plug-N-Play Connectors
- Aluminum Mounting Frames – High Beams Only
- Acrylic Hardware Cover – High Beams Only
- 65W Halogen lamps w/ PnP connectors (Different lamps available at slight additional cost) – High Beams Only
- Stainless Hardware – High Beams Only
- Sealant

Premium PLUS Kit: Low & High Beams - $945 shipped (PM us for international shipping charges)
- Morimoto Mini D2S Bi-Xenon Projectors – Low & High Beams
- (2) Pairs of Morimoto HID Lamps – Specify (4500k, 5000k, or 6000k)
- Split connector wiring
- (2) 35W or 50W Morimoto HID Kits (DDM Slim HID Kit – subtract $140)
- (2) Upgraded HID Relay Harness with Plug-N-Play Connectors
- Sealant

HID Color Options (Low Beam Only)
4500K – White with slight hint of yellow
5000K – Bright White with touch of blue at the cutoff - Standard and most popular
6000K – White with Blue Tint

Halogen Options (High Beam Only)
Optional Lamp Choices - Extra Charge Applies (Kit will include standard halogen lamps)
Yellow All Weather - 55W - $40
Ultra White - 55W - $30
Pure Blue - 65W - $40
Titanium White - 65W - $55

Group Buy Info:
The Group Buy will last through December 1st or until we receive at least 10 orders. Construction time is 3-4 weeks.

If you would like to purchase the BLS kit, please PM me with the title "I WANT THE BLS KIT" and we will send you the payment information.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will you be doing a GP for 93-97 firebirds?
Old 11-19-2014, 10:04 AM
FormerVendor

Unfortunately we will not be doing a GP for the 93-97 Firebirds. The volume we sell a year is very low but feel free to contact us as we usually can do a little better than the website pricing depending on your purchase timing.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
Will you be doing a GP for 93-97 firebirds?
If I didn't already have them I'd join you. Love these headlights
Old 01-27-2015, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

any info on when the next group buy will be?
Old 02-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Banned

I need these for my t/a badly! Just too rich for my blood!
Old 02-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by high n dry
I need these for my t/a badly! Just too rich for my blood!
I hate to detract from BLS's sales since I like what he is doing, but...

You can recreate part of the V1 setup yourself for less money (although this Sale is for the V2 setup). There are threads on this.

Pair of Hella 60mm Low Beam Projectors: $100
9006 HID Kit $50
Brackets: either make your own mounting method or buy a set for $60
Connectors & Wire $20 - $40

So you can get 70% of the low beam setup for $250.

Or you can go with the Morimoto MD2S 2.0 Projectors for $50 more. Also use a D2S HID Kit instead of a 9006 HID Kit.

To add high beam, double the price (although the MD2S projector is bi-xenon which means it has high beam built in). This doesn't include the clear projective outer front lens cover or seals. This is also using a cheap HID Kit and not the Morimoto HID kit that BLS uses. OEM and Good aftermarket HID bulbs are expensive compared to the cheap ones on eBay, but you will notice a difference in quality (accuracy, brightness, longevity, build quality).

Also, don't put HID in the high beam spot. Stick with Halogen in the high beam spot. If you get the Hella 60mm high beam, you can use HIR bulbs (Philips 9011/HIR1) in place of the standard Halogen Bulbs.

If you go with the Hella projectors, they are sealed so it is OK for them to be exposed to the elements. The MD2S projectors are not sealed and must be inside a housing so you'll need that front cover and a back cover as well.

In the end, if you want a sorted out Kit, buy BLS.
If you feel the price is too high and are willing to DIY, then check out the Lighting FAQ.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...hting-faq.html

Sorry for this post BLS.
Keep up the good work.

Last edited by VIP1; 02-03-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Zlow28
any info on when the next group buy will be?
We will be launching a new GP soon. Stay tuned.

VIP1 - No worries. DIY is always cheaper than buying a sorted, complete setup. Going with the cheaper HID components can help save a few bucks too but we leave that option up to the customer.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by VIP1
The MD2S projectors are not sealed and must be inside a housing so you'll need that front cover and a back cover as well.

Also, don't put HID in the high beam spot. Stick with Halogen in the high beam spot. If you get the Hella 60mm high beam, you can use HIR bulbs (Philips 9011/HIR1) in place of the standard Halogen Bulbs.
This is why I went the BLS route, the covers are a necessity to use the mini D2S 2.0 projectors, might be able to make your own versions with a vacuum table if you have the skill, having the ability with the mini d2s to flip the cut-off out of the way when you switch the highbeams on just provides so much more light, so it's worth it if you ask me over running the V1 kit, FYI I have a set of plates from the low beam V1 kit for sale if anyone is interested in going the cheap route, the rest of the V1 kit went into the V2 conversion, which I has since sold to Zlow28.

you do have to be very careful about the cheaper HID kits, the bulbs aren't bad but I have personally seen the differences in color, lack of flicker, brightness and just the overall quality of the beam spread between even a good cheap ballast vs a bad cheap ballasts, it's like stock halogens level of light when using a crappy ballast (and thats with a 6000k bulb, by the time you go 8000k or 10,000k its a joke), my crappy cheap ballast went on my brothers car when his old better ballast gave out.

If you go Morimoto ballasts you might be able to get away with using them in the high beams, I've seen "torture test" videos on youtube where they cycled them on and off rapidly and they where holding up, as for how long they would hold up I don't know, but they also seem to have a shorter warm up then most ballast and since our low beams stay on (unlike some cars, Camaros for example) it's not so bad to have a short warm up on them. I kept halogens in mine just as part of the cost savings.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Kit from BLS is worth every penny! And Don't forget the excellent customer support you get .
Old 02-08-2015, 07:03 AM
FormerVendor

Great info Daniel.

Thanks Viking!

I will be requesting this thread to be locked since we plan on running another GP towards the end of the month. We will also be offering a "budget" kit for the 98-02 Firebird. Stay tuned....

Quick Reply: ***BLS 98-02 FIREBIRD Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight Kit Winter/Holiday 2014 GP***