Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Camaro Hood Conversion Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro Hood Conversion Help!!!

I have been thinking of redoing my hood so that instead of lifting up from the front of the car it'll lift from the back of the hood right in front of the windshield. I was wondering what you guys thought about this and if anyone knows exactly how I would go about relocating the hood hinges to allow it to open that way? Thanks Guys!
Old 06-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Teching In

I am planning on doing the same thing to my 2000 SS. I think it will look great. I put up a post about a month ago and never got any response to how to do it. Drop me a line if you get any more info--fpdcamaross@bellsouth.net
Old 06-02-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

its a cool idea, but if it even is possible, then there is gonna have to be some serious fabrication done. cuz you figure if you put the hinges up front, then when you open the hood, the front of it is going to hit your bumper, or radiator support. one or the other. it may be possible, but i think it may be a lil too crowded up front, to get the hood so that it dont hit anything, when opened. if you figure something out, then good luck with it, i think it would look great.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Question

I've actually seen it at a car show, but it was on a 2001 Trans-am. I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner of the car about the modifications he made, but you would think that on a TA it would be more difficult because of all the headlight components under the hood and just the shape of the ram-air hood of the TA. I figured it would be possible on a Camaro. What do ya'll think?
Old 06-02-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I could only think of how much of a pain it would be to work on the car if the hood opened opposite end....
Old 06-04-2004, 01:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zero2Sixty
I could only think of how much of a pain it would be to work on the car if the hood opened opposite end....
Actually If you think about it, working on your car would be easier. You'd have better accessibility to your distributor and to the intake. Instead of having to reach over and ducking under the hood you'd have more than enough elbow room to work.

Quick Reply: Camaro Hood Conversion Help!!!