Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What I've been up to lately.. Engine Bay Content

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow that looks fantastic man, love the finish of the fenders in the engine bay, I'm gonna have to go pick up some of that paint from Ace for my engine bay this spring
Old 12-22-2014, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Had to go read thru and admire again haha. I'm partial to these cars, my first hot rod back in '97 in high school was a '79 camaro. I plan on eventually hunting down that car and doing something similar to it as you've done here. One thing though, if I were you I wouldn't paint it if you have any ties to how the car looks now. Back then I wanted my '79 to be more current, well the bright blue paint had similar issues this car has and looking back on it I remember that car like that - the dingey kinda faded blue and not the darker blue NBM I painted it right before I sold it. If you do paint it, def paint it the factory color. Good luck with it! Eager to see what else you do with the car.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build you have there man, Glad you got back into something you do a whole new look to & bring the car back to alive. It gives me inspiration to finish my 79 camaro
Old 12-24-2014, 06:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Again, awesome work, but I do have one critique:
Please remove that power steering "cooler" and add a trans type cooler so one day you don't have a milky coolant mix, as these have a tendency to dump power steering fluid in your radiator, common issue on these LS cars, other than that rock on bro, kudos!

Old 12-24-2014, 07:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Nice work . I want to see more pics.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

extremely clean install! love the firewall and fenders!
Old 12-24-2014, 03:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Please remove that power steering "cooler" and add a trans type cooler so one day you don't have a milky coolant mix, as these have a tendency to dump power steering fluid in your radiator, common issue on these LS cars, [B]other than that rock on bro, kudos!
Thanks. I actually have a trans cooler installed, a hayden 679. Hidden in front of the radiator along with the coolant overflow bottle. I was planning to remove the steering cooler, just didn't feel like getting new lines at the time when I was setting it up. I'll get around to that though. Also want to do it to clean up the steering lines.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by s-350
extremely clean install! love the firewall and fenders!
I'll definitely have to put up some before/afters of the firewall and fenders.. both are a lot cleaner than they started out. They have a lot of hours into them filling holes and random uneven/low spots from the factory, which you just don't really see when looking at them now.. But it's worth it for me knowing how much cleaner/smoother they are.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No updates?
Old 09-09-2015, 01:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LetsRide
No updates?
Put some c5 z06 wheels on it since I wanted a little more tire in the rear (18x10.5 with 295/35 nt05's). Interior is currently in progress.. Just got in a bunch of the parts, still waiting for the carpet and headliner to arrive, and the seats upholstery is being done now (by lethal interiors). Waiting to install the Powertrax grip LS (limited slip setup).. Haven't been able to do a real burnout, so I look forward to doing that soon!

Not much under the hood. Took the advice of several people and got rid of the power steering cooler. Installed a catch can... nothing crazy.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

Still have the car? Love how this build was going
Old 03-07-2016, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

need update Crimson.. Not a fan of the 2nd gens, but so far you are doing a hell of a job with it!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I hope you don't mind, I really love colors in the bay, I wanted to show you some possible options for adding colors. I hope it gives you some ideas.

Name:  TEST_zps3si78bmq.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  314.9 KB
Old 03-08-2016, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

That looks incredible! How hard is it to wrap the FRCs? I would love to do that with a pair and install them to clean up my engine bay.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts

Crimson, had no idea u were back in th ls game! glad to see u back after the transam
Old 06-15-2017, 12:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Please remove that power steering "cooler" and add a trans type cooler so one day you don't have a milky coolant mix, as these have a tendency to dump power steering fluid in your radiator, common issue on these LS cars, [B]other than that rock on bro, kudos!
Originally Posted by crimson_bird
Thanks. I actually have a trans cooler installed, a hayden 679. Hidden in front of the radiator along with the coolant overflow bottle. I was planning to remove the steering cooler, just didn't feel like getting new lines at the time when I was setting it up. I'll get around to that though. Also want to do it to clean up the steering lines.
Thanks again for this heads up. I did end up bypasing the cooler shortly after this so I wouldn;t have any issues, though it's still in place for the radiator. Just now getting around to ordering a dedicated cooler for the power steering fluid and a replacement radiator hose so I can get rid of the stock cooler completely.

Originally Posted by Photochop
Still have the car? Love how this build was going
Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
need update Crimson.. Not a fan of the 2nd gens, but so far you are doing a hell of a job with it!
thanks! still got it. it was on hiatus for a while though. Goal is to create some new late 2nd gen fans!

Originally Posted by kingtal0n
I hope you don't mind, I really love colors in the bay, I wanted to show you some possible options for adding colors. I hope it gives you some ideas.
I can always appreciate some color pop under the hood. but it has to be done right, and has to work with the exterior.. this car as it sat didn't really work well with any color so I kept it really clean and simple. Now that i've got a new color coming for the exterior I may add an extra touch of color under the hood as well.

Originally Posted by dabest09
That looks incredible! How hard is it to wrap the FRCs? I would love to do that with a pair and install them to clean up my engine bay.
sorry i never noticed these comments sooner. For anyone wondering, it's not too bad to wrap them, just take your time around the curvy edges, using a heat gun to help loosen the material. And now with so many wrap shops around these days it's a job you can probably get done locally for a reasonable price.

Originally Posted by cancam99ss
Crimson, had no idea u were back in th ls game! glad to see u back after the transam
yep! had to do something new to keep me going. Give me a couple weeks and I'll have some nice updates with the car. Got some big changes going on right now
Old 06-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Launching!

Absolutely beautiful. I love these cars. Really curious to see what color your going with. I like it as is though too. Great job so far.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Any updates just found this thread 👀😬
Old 06-23-2020, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairjohn2000
Any updates just found this thread 👀😬
The car was sadly stolen if you're looking for more 4th gen updates
Old 06-24-2020, 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Yeah saw that and it sucks but regarding the 2nd gen build.

Quick Reply: What I've been up to lately.. Engine Bay Content