Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Pics and Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Pics and Wax

I just got done waxing my car for G8 this weekend . I used Meguires Gold wax. I also finally used my buffer i got last Christmas. I was always afraid to use it but it works good.

Old 05-27-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks good, what else did you use in your process ?? what kind of buffer do you have ???
Old 05-27-2004, 01:54 PM
12 Second Club

I used Meguires car wash soap and scrach remover on some spots. The buffer is a 10" one from Pep Boys. I'm not sure what brand it is.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

damn, does anybody know how good the 20 dollar ones are at wa-mart?? and what is the advantage of using a buffer rather than good old elbow grease??
Old 05-27-2004, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

It's prolly not the best buffer, but I just used it a little to get alot of the wax off then I just hand buffed the tougher spots. My arm started to get sore after the hood, which is where I started, so it helped out in that department.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jaljohn
damn, does anybody know how good the 20 dollar ones are at wa-mart?? and what is the advantage of using a buffer rather than good old elbow grease??
The advantages of using a buffer rather than by hand is that it creates more heat and allows polishes and rubbing compounds to really do some work. It makes this process much easier too. Buffers that are random orbit or Dual Action are much easier to use for the novice and make it difficult to ruin your paint. A rotary buffer in inexperienced hands can really do damage, esp. with wool bonnets, etc.

Even though it's called a "buffer" I only used mine to apply the polish but buffed it off by hand. The buffer does the hard work so removing the "used" polish or wax is very easy.

Mine is a Porter Cable DA sander with velcro backing plate to use automotive foam polishing pads.

Quick Reply: New Pics and Wax