Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?

Hey fellow ls1 owners, so long story short I saw a smoothie-q hood for sale on craigslist down in the states (I'm up in Canada). I used paypal got it shipped, and picked it up from the border etc... All of this to find out that it is a superhawk hood. I emailed the person and poor guy did not know the difference apparently. I blew alot of money and am not to happy, but I guess what's done is done. Apparently this specific hood has not been installed even thou it has a shitty spray paint job on it, I plan on selling it inorder to buy the smoothie-q off vfn, but I don't know if this is a legitimate superhawk hood or just another ebay clone. It has metal heat extractors and it doesn't seem like there is any defect anywhere other than the shitty spray job. I attached some pictures, thank you.
Attached Thumbnails Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?-imag0860.jpg   Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?-imag0871.jpg   Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?-imag0872.jpg   Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?-imag0865.jpg   Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?-imag0863.jpg  

Old 12-21-2014, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hood looks doesn't look to be an eBay knockoff. The one on ebay usually doesn't have the heat extractors cut out nor does it have the grilles installed. Is it spray paint or is it the gel coat on the hood. Rogers hoods are a black gel coat and if I'm not mistaken the eBay hoods are white. Not sure about the rivets on the underside though.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like it might be a fake... I just ordered one so I can't compare 100% but the grill on the front looks different than what roger uses on his superhawk's and I also heard that he serial numbers all the hoods.

Edit: Well on second thought you might have a real one. at first I was looking at this hood with that grill but it looks like Roger might have changed grill styles as I saw this hood that looks like it might have the same grill as the one you have. Maybe someone who has one can chime in.

Last edited by Cpt.Derrek; 12-21-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

oh where does he put the serial number? it would be nice if this was the real deal so i can atleast recuperate some of my costs
Old 12-22-2014, 12:34 AM
TECH Addict

that is one of the ones from the ebay seller usxdesigns which is Roger, nuts, bolts, rivets, honeycomb mesh and cut outs everything looks just like the one I got from USXdesigns, only difference is the gel coat looks like it's been dulled somehow.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:32 AM
Staging Lane

awesome!!! that's all I needed to know gonna post it up for sale and hopefully make some of that coin I lost back.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

here are some shots of my hood from USXdesigns, you can use them to compare to yours.
Attached Thumbnails Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?-1222141537.jpg   Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?-1222141537a.jpg   Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?-1222141538.jpg   Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?-1222141538a.jpg  
Old 12-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

yep looks exactly the same, from the bolts to the grills to the shape. Thanks once again!!

Quick Reply: Superhawk hood fake or us exotics?