Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

97 Firebird Sequential Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 97 Firebird Sequential Tail Lights

UPDATE: After putting in LED bulbs, the turn signals did not work right. I tried a couple of LED flashers, but the flash rate was too fast for me. I found an adjustable flasher from Keep It Clean and it took care of the problem.

I have been wanting to make the tail lights on my 97 Firebird sequential for awhile. After a lot of research, I finally got it done. I wanted to pass along some information if anyone is interested to save you the headache of trying to get this info. You have to decide if want LED lights or incandescent (or both) and if you want the brake lights to sequence once when you apply the brakes.

The kit that I got is for both bulb types and can sequence or not sequence the brake lights. This is a splice in kit and I got it from WebElectric. It is not the "standard" Firebird kit, but one that they modified. I converted my outside tail light to a brake/turn signal also. I have not used the car that much since the install, but the turn signals seem to be working fine.

The other kit that I looked into is from MP Custom LED Lighting. This kit does not require any wiring. You have to use their proprietary bulbs and flasher which I did not like. Also, their email response is poor and some of the pictures of their products on their website are not the actual product.

Last edited by 97LS1Formula; 03-16-2016 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Update

Quick Reply: 97 Firebird Sequential Tail Lights