Sponsored by: DashLynx

Operation: Engine Bay Clean Up

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Operation: Engine Bay Clean Up

Hi All,

I am in the market for a nice, modded car. Been looking here on the classifieds and many have the mods I like but some need a little help in the engine bay. They're aren't terrible but it's difficult after you've looked pics of engine bays like the one in this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...bay-shots.html

Is there a write-up about how to accomplish such an amazingly clean engine bay? A search didn't find any although I may not be using the best words to search on.

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2015, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

I see several things he did to clean up his engine bay but the two biggest things other than the actual motor dress up items were:
  • rerouting his engine wiring harness, search this forum, its a documented mod, lots of people do it.
  • repaint the inner fender wells, either via rattle can or spray gun, either with or without the engine car, filling old holes is a plus too if you can do bodywork or pay to have it done?
YMMV!

There is 35 pages of other clean engine bays here too
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...e-pics-35.html
Old 08-03-2015, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^yup, wire tuck and cleaning up the body work on the strut towers make the biggest difference in the engine bay. SIMPLICITY is what you want, and you gain that by getting rid of unnecessary things and hiding others. The inner fender area takes up a lot of visual space under the hood, so cleaning those up goes a long way.

After that then you get into the more 1) performance oriented mods and/or 2) creative mods (painted lids, intakes, fuel rail covers, etc).. most performance mods look good as they come
Old 08-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, good stuff. Thanks for the tips. I'll search the forums for rerouting the wiring harness.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

If you look up "hidden wire mod" the main thread that everyone uses should come up. It's a pretty straight forward job. I would suggest holding off on the job until you are ready to smooth and repaint the inner fender as well. Removing the wires reveals scuffed up paint underneath and leaves behind a bunch of useless holes... which looks pretty bad

Quick Reply: Operation: Engine Bay Clean Up