Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

99 camaro steering wheel replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 camaro steering wheel replacement

The dye has worn off my steering wheel in the black part of the ring on the steering wheel and I went to order a new one an they have been discontinued. Can an interior shop restitch the wheel or will I have to just get lucky and find one in eBay. Also has anyone installed the steering wheel with radio buttons in a camaro that didn't come with radio buttons? Those steerjng wheels are still available old stock in eBay.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

The wheel with the buttons will fit. Also there are shops to wrap your wheel anyway that you would like.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you hook it up so it works on the radio or will there be a missing piece to this connection cause the car didn't come that way.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

In order to fit a radio control steering wheel in a non steering wheel controlled car you need to have a clock spring that has both the radio and airbag wiring in. It will be a ton of work adding it if non-radio button wheels don't already have the correct clock spring. But there are places such as redline goods that sell steering wheel grips. I personally went with aftermarket wheel from NRG and have done it twice on my car and a friend's and its not hard. But if having and air bag is a must I would go to redline goods website.

Quick Reply: 99 camaro steering wheel replacement