Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Please help, how to remove spray dust on my car!

Old 06-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help, how to remove spray dust on my car!

I own a 2002 camaro SS that I ordered from a dealer. The next day, I went through the whole detailing job using Zaino claybar, dawn, several layers of z-6, and since May of 2002, 7-8 layers of Z-2 and Z-5. The car sits in the garage 90% of its life so far and shares it with another camaro. Here is the problem..........even though my car is surrounded by walls, my father has spray painted his camaro in the garage bay next to me and apparently the car cover didnt' do much because I now have patches of spray dust in certain places on my car. I haven't touched it yet and i'm afraid to do so until I have the time to spend on it which i hope is this weekend. Could you please offer any suggestions as to the best approach at taking this off? If i'm unsuccessful after I wash and wax it by hand (obviously with zaino products I already own), do you think buffing it would be o.k? The patches do not cover the whole car, they are in certain spots, and most you can't see unless you look at it on an angle, but, when you do, its obvious. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it's not heavy overspray clay barring it should work.

Al
Old 06-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Hi Al, it Peter Caruso.......how are you doing? Boy, i'm happy I put the AMW catch can on the car along with your brace, i feel a little more relieved about the oil consuption.

anyways, the spray dust isn't that bad, especially since I had the cover over the whole car which leaves me baffled as to how it happened in the first place. Thanks for the tip.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep claybar works wonders... it even took off a nasty paint transfer I got from a mini-van rear ending my car a couple years back. Decided to take a claybar to my car for the first time two weeks ago and presto, no more paint transfer.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Yup....had to clay bar my last car after doing some painting. Works real well on light overspray. Just don't forget to wax afterward because the clay will remove the wax also.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Claybar.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Teching In

thanks for the help guys

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please help, how to remove spray dust on my car!