Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

VFN smoothie-q hood poor fitment or me?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VFN smoothie-q hood poor fitment or me?

After seeing many wsq threads I decided to go ahead and purchase a q hood in march. I received it not to long after and the fitment looked okk... I got busy with different things in life and have now come back to the car. For the life of me I can't get this hood to align, I don't know if im doing something wrong or if this hood is warped. I drilled the holes in the back where it mounts, and the bump stops don't seem to help at all. The problems I'm have is 1. on both sides where the hood meets the fender it starts ok than goes up way to much than comes back down normaly at the end. 2. the front left nostril can't meet up without leaving a huge gap inbetween it and the bumper. I drilled through both sides of my bumper cover support pulled it up as much as I can and it only fixed the right side. I than realized that part of the nostril was to thick on the left side and blocking the way so i sanded it down and got the hood a bit closer but still I think it is way to big. I honestly am not to picky, but to be honest my 300 dollar ebay duraflex hood for my old trand am was way easier to fit than this. And my car is perfectly aligned, I have attached a picture of my old oem ws6 hood that I sold for this.I have spent 5 hours of fiddling so far lol. Now to fix the fenders my friend mentioned that I may have to heat the hood up and bend it, or I should shim the fenders and pull them up. And for the nostrils lol I dont even know wat to do?? Also the head lights are loosened in the picture so I can get them aligned better =).
Attached Thumbnails VFN smoothie-q hood poor fitment or me?-imag1430.jpg   VFN smoothie-q hood poor fitment or me?-img_0636.jpg   VFN smoothie-q hood poor fitment or me?-img_0638.jpg   VFN smoothie-q hood poor fitment or me?-img_0642.jpg   VFN smoothie-q hood poor fitment or me?-img_0653.jpg  

Last edited by firebirdforlife; 09-29-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very poorly made hood..... I have not seen a vfn hood out of the box that fits like it should, and the customer service I recieved was worse than the non fitting hood. good luck!

Quick Reply: VFN smoothie-q hood poor fitment or me?