Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tips On Transporting Fiberglass Hood In Truck Bed Requested!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tips On Transporting Fiberglass Hood In Truck Bed Requested!!!!

Tomorrow I will be heading up to vfn fiberglass to get my hood for my bird! I will be taking a friend's truck to do so. Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent damage to the hood? How to orient it in the bed (nose towards the front or back of the truck bed, bottom of hood facing up or down)? What materials did you use for protection? Sorry if these seem like silly questions, but I am klinda nervous about the trip!

Last edited by 1995_maro_z; 10-09-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

They should have it in a big box for you. If they don't make them put it in a box with styrofoam stabilizing packing
Old 10-09-2015, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless I misunderstood them, they said that it will not be boxed because I am coming to get it instead of having it shipped.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Superhawk fit laying sideways between the wheels of my truck. It was on a pallet and wrapped so it wouldn't move and did fine on the drive home. If you have a pallet maybe bring it along with some blankets or other protective layers along with ratchet straps to keep it secure. Don't be too crazy ratcheting it down and crack it though.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I fit a ws6 hood inside of my firebird and my wife rode shotgun. If you cant figure out how to put it in the back of a truck......

Last edited by chrysler kid; 10-14-2015 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
I fit a ws6 hood inside of my firebird and my wife rode shotgun. If you cant figure out how to put it in the back of a ******* truck......
or do like the guy that bought my superhawk and remove your hood, drive the firebird up there and bolt it on in the parking lot / driveway.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Get some long stretches of pipe wrap, the same stuff you wrap house pipes in before a freeze. Shove the edges of the hood into that wrap and use plenty of masking tape or shrink wrap to hold them together. This will protect the edges without adding a lot of space.

Strap or shrink wrap that to something heavy on the bottom or use a moving blanket and straps to hold it down. Keep an eye on your mirror and drive slow. Transported my extended pin on Sunoco like that and everything fit in a 3/4 ton long bed.

If its a bolt-on hood, drive up with your hood removed and bring the mounting hardware. Swap hoods there. I'm sure someone at VFN is willing to help you put it on.

Quick Reply: Tips On Transporting Fiberglass Hood In Truck Bed Requested!!!!