Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

a different version of CME

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Question a different version of CME

Sorry for the lousy photo, but I wanted to see if anyone has tried having a CME exit through the license frame in bumper and move the license above the bumper.

What are your thoughts?
Old 10-26-2015, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

in order for that to work you would have to cut up the t-top compartment in order to run pipes to that location. the exhaust idea wouldn't look too bad, but the license plate location in the berger panel would look terrible IMO. anything is possible as long as you have the $$$.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

While I haven't removed the bumper cover to see what's under there (and likely in the way), my thoughts about the pipe routing would have muffler/resonator in the 3" I pipe (like loudmouth) and run the 3" line over the axle. No splitter here, just run it on passenger side around trunk to center, then elbow up behind license plate, and another elbow out through license plate opening (dual tips or something similar). For the license, I'd figure on a spring loaded holder, so I can have access to trunk key) (like on the 60's cars where gas filler was behind the license plate, and rig some light, to be legal. Would have to fill in the berger panel to make it flat.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with above about the license plate looking bad there. Too high on the car, so it becomes too visually prominent. About the only way to make that work is if you have a VERY good personal plate.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say a DEEP CME valance BELOW the bumper with the two huge ROUND pipes in the middle, with the plate in it's standard location would look GREAT (I WISH that someone made this set up)!!
Old 10-29-2015, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is an alternative for dailydriver - replace dual outlets with round outlets.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mp...t/model/camaro
Old 10-29-2015, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xny1989
This is an alternative for dailydriver - replace dual outlets with round outlets.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mp...t/model/camaro
That's a nice system, but the tail pipes are not close enough together.

I was talking about the two, single outlet, 4" pipes/tips in the center, almost touching each other, a la the Vipers, older SRT8 Cherokees, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, etc.

I thought I had once seen a Magnaflow system where the pipes are much closer together than the one above, but I forgot the part number, and where I had seen it.

Quick Reply: a different version of CME