Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got my 6LE Seats In...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USAFguy177
I am happy with how comfortable the seats are, but I am having an issue with sitting too high. I am using the 6LE brackets that were included to fit the seat to the floor. I may soon consider finding a way to mount them to the factory seat tracks just so I can sit lower
I had the same issue with the 6LE seats and every aftermarket seat for that matter, Im 6'2" and I have no idea how anyone taller than me drives these cars. With the 6LE seats I had to lose the slider on my side and make the seat fixed position by adding some metal to their brackets to push the seat back. With my current corbeaus I wanted to keep the adjustability of the seat so I kept the sliders but made my own seat bracket because corbeaus were too tall for me.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Have you guys figured out a way to make the seats shorter?
Old 01-19-2016, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThirdGenDemon
Have you guys figured out a way to make the seats shorter?
I lowered the seat down closer to the floor. I didn't make the seat shorter.

Heres a thread on what I did.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...t-bracket.html
Old 01-19-2016, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

^^^Well noooooo $hit***
Old 08-18-2016, 08:07 AM
Teching In

I've had the seats installed for a few months now. Here's some observations.
1. Like the previous posters have said, I am also now sitting way too high (I'm 5'10"). I've ordered the 6LE brackets and hope they will help.
2. I was able to keep the power driver seat, however there's no easy way to mount the controls at the stock location. I just kept the switch unit loose and let it lay on the floor at the front of the seat. It's easy to reach down and use it like this.
3. The "stock style" stitching is very poor quality. It's vinyl, not leather, and the color is more gray than stock (see attached pix). It also adds a lot to the cost. If I had to do it over again, I would just go with the original design seat and forgo the stock-style inserts.
4. The driver seat now has developed a very annoying squeaking sound whenever I move in the seat.
Bottom line: they do look better than my worn out stockers. Would be great if they would tweak them with some minor improvements.
Attached Thumbnails Got my 6LE Seats In...-seats1.jpg   Got my 6LE Seats In...-seats2.jpg  
Old 08-18-2016, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

^^^^^^^Appreciate the detailed comments. The inserts do look significantly lighter. That's pretty much a deal killer.

I'm curious as to how the side bolsters hold up to getting in and out of the car. At 30K miles my driver lower bolster is significantly squished, and the upper bolster is showing obvious wear signs. It is exactly because of this that I think about changing the seats, to fix the cosmetic issues. Anyone have comments and or a decent amount of miles on a set.

Can 6LE address the color issue?
Old 08-19-2016, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was contemplating these seats for a while now, but being taller (6'6) it looks like I am basically **** out of luck
Old 08-19-2016, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I'd think you'd be SOL even with the stock seats. Head room was not a highly important feature when they made these cars.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They do look to fit well in there, but surprised at how they are so much lighter
Old 08-22-2016, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Yes, I sent these pix to 6LE and they responded my sending me some new inserts. Unfortunately, they are the exact same gray-color vinyl. I give up.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
IF they were all REAL alcantara, I would LOVE them (I HATE smooth leather/vinyl material).

But my guess is that would price them right up there with the Sparco R600 alcantaras, and Cobra Daytona alcantaras, both of which are made in Italy vs. China.
Alcantara is just a name brand suede, get any good suede and you have the same thing for WAYYYYY cheaper.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by USAFguy177
I am happy with how comfortable the seats are, but I am having an issue with sitting too high. I am using the 6LE brackets that were included to fit the seat to the floor. I may soon consider finding a way to mount them to the factory seat tracks just so I can sit lower
Try not using the spacers they came with. Factory rails will make you sit MUCH higher.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by F-16spike
Yes, I sent these pix to 6LE and they responded my sending me some new inserts. Unfortunately, they are the exact same gray-color vinyl. I give up.
That must have happened when I was out of town. They were supposed to be BLACK, to match the material the seats came in.

The inserts are definitely vinyl to match the rest of the seat itself, for real leather it would have to be the complete recover option as opposed to use just taking it apart to redo the centers.

E-mail me mark@6LEDesigns.com so I can get the inserts re-taken care of PROPERLY.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:11 PM
Banned

Height wise we make the brackets sit them as low as we can but being a more "race" inspired seat the bottom cushion is thicker than stock and the front elevated up to support the thighs, all translating to slightly sitting higher
Old 08-23-2016, 07:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey 6LE, quick question - ever since I got the seats and I put the matching rear covers on, man, I kinda wish I had sprung for the real leather reupholstering for the front. Those rear seat covers are really nice What's all involved in taking existing seats and getting them redone with that real leather you used for the rears? Same style of stitching as they have now. Oh, with the seat belt guide loops built in too (I still haven't gotten those done yet lol).
Old 08-27-2016, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Hey 6LE, quick question - ever since I got the seats and I put the matching rear covers on, man, I kinda wish I had sprung for the real leather reupholstering for the front. Those rear seat covers are really nice What's all involved in taking existing seats and getting them redone with that real leather you used for the rears? Same style of stitching as they have now. Oh, with the seat belt guide loops built in too (I still haven't gotten those done yet lol).
Sorry for the delay, in Mexico for family death and WiFi is hit and miss. Easiest thing would just be to make you a set of custom covers and you put them on or have them put on local. Shoot me an e-mail and we'll figure out the easiest/cheapest way to get you taken care of mark@6LEDesigns.com
Old 08-27-2016, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Alright I'll have to email at some point. I'm plumb outta money this year. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2017, 10:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had a set of these sitting in my basement for 2 years and want to finally install them today and can't figure it out lol. Did you mount these on your factory sliders or what??? Can't find instructions or info ANYWHERE
Old 02-02-2017, 10:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trying to avoid buying the $250 brackets since I already have $990 just in buying the seats. Had 6LE stitch the seat belt guide on and when they were still in the shipping box the first time I used the snap for the guide the whole stitching ripped out and had to pay $120 to have both the seats reinforced there.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

I used the 6LE brackets. Could be done with the factory sliders but you have to fab up some adapters.

Quick Reply: Got my 6LE Seats In...