Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

paging anyone with aftermarket seats!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paging anyone with aftermarket seats!

im planning on putting a set of either Corbeau A4s or TRSs in my car this month. Who has either of these models and what do you think of them??? comfortable??? i'm going to use the stock seatbelts for awhile until i figure out what to do about harnesses.

the car isnt QUITE fast enough to need a bar and 5-point harness yet so for the time being i was just going to go with a set of 4 point street harnesses bolted through the floor. Is anyone running a setup like this??? if so, how hard were the belts to install CORRECTLY (seems like just drilling through the floor, inserting the eyelet bolts and snapping the belts in.) Also, is rear seat access partciularly difficult with the harnesses?? (the A4 seats flip forward but Corbeau recommends certain harnesses with a release behind the seat for 2-door, flip forward style seats??? I don't use the rear seat often and wont at all once the bar is in (ill need it by then ) but i was just wondering how this would all work out.

any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by DeepBlueZ; 06-11-2004 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ttt...
Old 06-12-2004, 01:22 AM
Staging Lane

I have TRS's and they are extremely comfortable. The stock seatbelts won't work that well with them, as the seats don't have the bracket thing that keeps the horizontal belt off of your neck. I've got a LG Motorsports Harness Bar and Corbeau 4 point harnesses, but I have yet to drive the car with the harnesses.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the TRS seats as well, and I also have the 4 pt harnesses. They are extremely comfortable, and only having one snap makes the harnesses very driveable! Good luck!

Oh, and the harnesses bolt in just like the stock ones, with the exception of the heavy shoulder piece that bolts up to the b-pillar!
Old 06-12-2004, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

I sat is some Corbeaus on display ,I didnt think they were comfortable at all I also thought the quality was low so I went with Recaros .Trend is the stytle rather expensive,but I gurantee you they are comfortable. You however will not be able to use any other seat belt then stock
Old 06-12-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSG--Z28
I have the TRS seats as well, and I also have the 4 pt harnesses. They are extremely comfortable, and only having one snap makes the harnesses very driveable! Good luck!

Oh, and the harnesses bolt in just like the stock ones, with the exception of the heavy shoulder piece that bolts up to the b-pillar!

could you elaborate a little more....like where does each point of the harness anchor to??? (sorry im trying to get a handle on how to do this...)
Old 06-12-2004, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the A4's. I like them a lot. Much more comfortable than the stock Camaro seats. I haven't installed my harnesses yet, still using the stock belts. The shoulder belt rides too high. I ran it through one of the seat slots, but then it was pulling my shoulder down after a while, so I took it back out.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by John_D.
I have the A4's. I like them a lot. Much more comfortable than the stock Camaro seats. I haven't installed my harnesses yet, still using the stock belts. The shoulder belt rides too high. I ran it through one of the seat slots, but then it was pulling my shoulder down after a while, so I took it back out.
finally someone with the A4s....i know the TRSs are a little wider... im 6' even and only about 140 lbs so i know ill fit but will people bigger than me fit into the A4s comfortably???
Old 06-13-2004, 01:27 AM
TECH Veteran

One piece bolts in on the left, where the stock one does; one piece bolts in on the right, where the stock one does, and finally; one bolts in under the hatch in the rear, where the stock one does! If you need pics, I can take them, but if you look in your car at your stock seatbelts, you will see what I mean!
Old 06-13-2004, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

OOO..so u actually have 3 point harnesses (where the two shoulder straps come together behind the seat). im beginning to understand.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive had the a4's for a little over a year. They are designed for a 30-34" waist. They are a HUGE improvement over the stock POS seats. And they raise the pimp factor alot
Old 06-13-2004, 12:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, there are 2 straps for the shoulders, and 2 straps for each side, so that's a 4pt harness in my book.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSG--Z28
Well, there are 2 straps for the shoulders, and 2 straps for each side, so that's a 4pt harness in my book.

mine too but you are saying that there is ONE mounting point for both shoulder straps right???
Old 06-13-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Right! It goes by the rear panel, just like the stock one!

Quick Reply: paging anyone with aftermarket seats!