Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Where can I buy a new headlight lens 98 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Where can I buy a new headlight lens 98 Camaro

Hey guys in the middle of doing the Whistler mod on my 98 Camaro and my lenses are completely shot I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy just the replacement lens
Old 06-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Although the parts manual shows a call-out for the lens, the listing shows it as N.S. (not serviceable) and only available as part of the entire headlight assembly. So GM is out of the question as far as a source. I've seen a bunch of aftermarket headlights (both OEM style replacements and modified with projectors) but I haven't seen just the lenses there either. A junk yard may be your best option.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

No where... Years ago when I was in the same situation I went ahead and bought the cheapest set of headlights I could find, which at the time was like a $90 set of halos.. Pulled them apart when I got them and installed those lenses on my freshly painted whistler'd lights.. That was before you could buy them already whistler modded.. Now that you can buy them and they are so cheap you might as well just get some. Should be like $100 for the set.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am in the process of sanding an clear coating my stock set.. if this doesn't work 100 dollar headlights will have to
Old 06-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless their cracked or burned, a restoration can work wonders on the lenses. I would suggest against clear coating them though, makes it a major PITA to restore them next time. I've always just finished restos by applying a coat of wax onto the lens.

Just my experience, best of luck.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol too late on the clear coat advice.. I would have rather tried wax first... I have cleared it an sanded it back off two or three times until I was finally happy with the way it looked .. I will keep wax in mind for the future

Quick Reply: Where can I buy a new headlight lens 98 Camaro