Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Who makes HID headlights WITHOUT HALOS?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Who makes HID headlights WITHOUT HALOS?!

As the title reads, I'm looking for black style headlights with HIDs, but WITHOUT those stupid halos/angel eyes whatever... To me they scream "eBay" and I refuse to run them on my car. Lol
It's a 4th gen F body camaro (98 to be exact).. I've searched and searched and it's starting to give me a headache staring at nothing but halos. I don't feel they belong on our cars.....but that's just my opinion.

I've debated doing he oven/paint mod, but my lenses are junk anyway and I can't put HIDs in them without killing other drivers.

Any direction to a company would be great..!
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.blackbirdlighting.com/98-02camaro.php
I have there headlights on my 01 camaro and love them. MAke sure you do this mod as well because without doing it, you wont have any lights for 5-10 seconds while the hid's get warm and get bright:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...same-time.html

Old 04-03-2016, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Funny I actually emailed them last night, and I have that mod bookmarked on my phone. Lol that's awesome.... From all I looked at, it seems they're almost my only option. It's crazy how expensive headlights for these old cars are. You'd think they'd have dropped in price by now!!!
Old 04-03-2016, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts

i have those as well and love them

i know horrible pic
Old 04-03-2016, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

HIDs? No halos? What did they run you if you don't mind me asking..
I have a hard time spending money on things that don't make me go faster. But my headlights are missing half the **** to hold them in place and the rubber stripping is basically gone on both sides. Not to mention the crappy foggy plastic lenses......blah.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The money your going to spend on the BLS headlights is well worth it. It is the only commercially available CORRECTLY done hid headlights for these cars, with projector housings from the best hid re seller on the market. That being the retrofit source. The light output is a serious upgrade over what the factory lights provide.

When you get the new lights, Ive got a recommendation to keep the lenses looking perfect for a long time. Invest in Xpel ultimate headlight film, they make a specific pre cut set for the 98-02 Camaros's. It is pricey, but you get what you pay for. After the film is installed put a ceramic coat on the film, such as cquartz.

Then never worry about the headlights again. See number 2 in your sig
Old 04-04-2016, 05:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My Morimoto HIDs same that BLS uses.
Attached Thumbnails Who makes HID headlights WITHOUT HALOS?!-ss1.jpg   Who makes HID headlights WITHOUT HALOS?!-ss2.jpg  
Old 04-04-2016, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT4vert
See number 2 in your sig
Touché. Haha

Just got a quote from BLS for $645.. Suppose I see #1 in my sig now lol

Last edited by Bitchin'Camaro; 04-04-2016 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MasterV8
My Morimoto HIDs same that BLS uses.
Those look awesome!!!

Last edited by Bitchin'Camaro; 04-04-2016 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 04-04-2016, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bitchin'Camaro
Funny I actually emailed them last night, and I have that mod bookmarked on my phone. Lol that's awesome.... From all I looked at, it seems they're almost my only option. It's crazy how expensive headlights for these old cars are. You'd think they'd have dropped in price by now!!!
it's expensive because the BLS are HAND BUILT, they have to assemble and lineup the projector correctly within the housing and make any modifications needed. Also the projectors used by them are a significant step up in quality over those crappy projectors (which usually aren't even rated for HID's) and use FOG LIGHT bulbs for the low beams anyway, as they say "do it right so you only have to do it once"
Old 04-04-2016, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Touché. Haha

Just got a quote from BLS for $645.. Suppose I see #1 in my sig now lol
You could build the headlights cheaper. They are just putting a morimoto mini in a stock oem or aftermarket housing. The minis are super easy to mount as they install via the existing hole for the low beam light.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

You could build the headlights cheaper. They are just putting a morimoto mini in a stock oem or aftermarket housing. The minis are super easy to mount as they install via the existing hole for the low beam light.
Hmm.....interesting.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:21 PM
FormerVendor

As the title reads, I'm looking for black style headlights with HIDs, but WITHOUT those stupid halos/angel eyes whatever... To me they scream "eBay" and I refuse to run them on my car. Lol
It's a 4th gen F body camaro (98 to be exact).. I've searched and searched and it's starting to give me a headache staring at nothing but halos. I don't feel they belong on our cars.....but that's just my opinion.

I've debated doing he oven/paint mod, but my lenses are junk anyway and I can't put HIDs in them without killing other drivers.

Any direction to a company would be great..!
Thanks in advance.
Good speaking with you earlier and I hope we can earn your business.

They can certainly be done cheaper but if you add up the cost of components, you wouldn't be too far off our cost. We can't compete with ones personal time .

For reference, the price quoted is for a complete set of new housings, MH1 7.0 projectors, Morimoto HID kit, plug and play connectors, housing/shrouds painted, labor and for some reason...ridiculous shipping costs by UPS ($45). I have no idea why but these used to cost about $25 to shipped within the continental US via UPS ground fully insured. The price has almost doubled in the past 6 months via all usual carriers.

Last edited by BLSolutions; 04-04-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
Good speaking with you earlier and I hope we can earn your business.
Likewise!! You are crazy nice people over there.. I'm assuming it was you personally I spoke to, and not only are you nice but knowledgable.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts

GO BLS!!!

Old 04-04-2016, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cancam99ss
GO BLS!!!

That thing is sexy. Just sell me those!! Lol

That splitter is awesome too...

Last edited by Bitchin'Camaro; 04-04-2016 at 09:33 PM. Reason: The awesomeness of the splitter duh!!!
Old 04-05-2016, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm another one who will recommend the BLS setup. And looking at #1 in your sig, it lives up to Reliable. I'd post a pic of mine, but mine are the all chrome housing. I kinda wanted it to look a little more stockish.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:39 AM
On The Tree

Absolutely. From all I've seen and heard BLS is the ONLY way to go for quality. I like what I seen and I like what I'm hearing... Time to start saving for pretty stuff and not fast stuff. Haha
Old 04-05-2016, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the compliments guys!
Old 04-05-2016, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Check out the retrofit source's headlights under closeouts. They have several different mini H1 options out there, from $20/pair of projectors up. Also anything they have that's "B-Stock", everything I've read about it is that it appears A-stock to people that have bought it.

Realistically you could purchase new eBay reflector housings (black or chrome), $20 projectors, $10 shrouds and the HID kit you want (I recommend Morimoto, but I'm partial and you just as well go with Chinese). So for ~$200 you could do an actual retrofit if you want to spend a couple hours doing it. The projectors mount in the headlight super easy, the base of the projector goes through the reflector hole and attaches on the outside with the included nut. You have several different shroud options if you wanted to have a little different look than everyone else and/or pick what color to paint the internals.

Of course a cheap and simple option would be to buy a set of eBay projectors and just not hook up the halo's. I'm with you, no way would I run them too.

Quick Reply: Who makes HID headlights WITHOUT HALOS?!