Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Zaino VS Maguires NXT.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino VS Maguires NXT.

OK, i've been polishing with Zaino for 2 years on my black TA. Looks awesome however the words out about the new Maguires NXT wax. People are dropping Zaino, and saying it gives it a deeper look. esp on black cars. Has anyone that used Zaino tried NXT and stuck with it? your thoughts...
Old 06-16-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

Most any product will give a deeper look than Zaino. It's just not what Zaino is about.

I have used both and don't necessarily care for NXT, but at the same time I don't use Zaino on anything but light colored cars, either.

Remember, the deepest, darkest shine and color will come from proper prep work...like claying and polishing. The last step product will only make a 5% difference after that.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

The NXT is easy and comes off quick. Looks great for about 2 car washes and then no more beading???. And when I was ussing Mother's Carbanara(?) wax, it lasted for months, and I had to dawn wash the car 4 times or so to get off the mother's. So the NXT is the easiest wax/polish I have used, but it and water beading just doesnt last very long.
Good luck
Old 06-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Teching In

that's pretty much my understanding of it. the NXT gives a great look, but doesn't last.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

while not the entire reason, i dont use zaino for how "deep" it looks. yes how it looks after i finish is part of the equation. but ultimately i use zaino for how long it lasts. ive used it for about 4 months now. in those 4 months ive put 1 coat on. well ive applied 3 coats but the second one i accidently left on too long and it would buff out for some reason. so i dawned and started over again. that was almost 2 months ago. water still beads like crazy and all i have to do is pull into the car wash, rinse, soap with the wand and not the brush, rinse. pull out and use the detailing spray and it looks freshly waxed.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

I have used both Zaino and NXT on a black car. Zaino has much more durability than the NXT, but the easy of application and the final outlook, is why I use the NXT. It does seem though, that I have to put atleast one coat a month on. It has been raining a whole lot in TX lately, so that may play a part in it.

Last edited by felton316; 06-17-2004 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the same Zaino on my car for 3 years now, and every time I wash it, which is at least once a week, it comes out looking like this:

http://www.jackz28.com/newwheels/My/p1010015.jpg

Durability is the key!
Old 06-16-2004, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSG--Z28
I've had the same Zaino on my car for 3 years now, and every time I wash it, which is at least once a week, it comes out looking like this:
Isn't there a limit to the amount of times you can post your car on the internet?

He is already using Zaino...I'm sure he knows how it works.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Get Zymol, its the BEST you can get imo. My SS after waxing it.
Attached Thumbnails Zaino VS Maguires NXT.-side.jpg   Zaino VS Maguires NXT.-nice-ass.jpg   Zaino VS Maguires NXT.-front-side.jpg   Zaino VS Maguires NXT.-front.jpg   Zaino VS Maguires NXT.-side-again.jpg  

Last edited by firecrotch59; 06-17-2004 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Chop-Foo Director

I use NXT once every month or two, and use spray wax on the weeks in between. If you don't mind using the spray wax once a week, your wax will last at LEAST a couple months. I just redid my car this past weekend, (been using NXT since it came out) and when I washed it, nothing but beading, been 2 months since it had the tech wax applied, and it's been 2 weeks since I've even quick detailed it! Check out this thread for the looks of NXT on a black car:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/182866-just-couple-new-pics-tech-wax.html
Old 06-17-2004, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by firecrotch59
Get Zymol, its the BEST you can get imo. My SS after waxing it.
It is the best in terms of what?
Old 06-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

UPDATE: Well I sold out and bought some NXT this weekend, I must admit it looks very good. Not as shinny as zaino more of a 'deep' look as others have witnessed. However I didn't remove the layer of zaino underneath when I applied the NXT. So it's not a true test. But Zaino AND NXT look pretty good. And atleast my car's "more" protected.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've been shining your paint, not polishing it, Zaino is not abrasive.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Congratulations! It's nice to see someone moving on to bigger and better waxes.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

been using Zaino a while, just used NXT for the first time this weekend - maybe my expectation were too high after all the hype, but to be honest I was not impressed. When I was done I expected to step back and say "wow" like I do when I use Zaino, but it wasn't like that. Sticking with Zaino from now on, with NXT for in between shipments......

Oh - and to the guys who criticized Zaino because it leaves the car "too shiny" - I think I'll hear someone say "Your car looks nice, but it's too shiny" about as much as I'll hear "Your girlfriend is hot, but her t!ts are just too big"......
Old 06-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Humanitarian

In theory it does seem like NXT would have more depth to the shine, it is after all a wax/polymer blend so you get the best of both worlds.

Zymol has many many different blends of waxes, some as cheap as 10.00, some cost's over 3,000.00, some even made for specific colors. The more expensive blends are real quality, you'll notice alot of people in Concour shows sporting that stuff. Some of it is really intense, they recommend that you apply the wax with warm hands and even go to the extent to state that certian blends only last a week.

Maybe one day I'll try it, I just cant see myself paying over 3,000.00 to 'try' a wax.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Humanitarian

Mako - It seems the common complaint about Zaino is that the paint looks like very glossy plastic, not the deep, warm, wet 'waxed' look. If someone complains that their car is too shiny... I'll pay for the medical examination to check their head.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

So this $3,000.00 wax/polish what is it liquid gold? and who would spend that kind of cash on a wax? You can only get a car clean enough, i'm sure Zaino or NXT does just as good of a job as the $3,000.00 wax. Anyrate anyone have pics to compare the $3,000.00 VS Zaino?

Zaino buyer
NXT buyer
$3,000 wax buyer
Old 06-22-2004, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think Nxt works well. I have seen the durability of it on different cars and in different scenarios. Lasts not as long as one would hope, but the look is awesome. it can always be topped with some carnuba or another sealant/wax
Old 06-23-2004, 12:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by mako22
I think I'll hear someone say "Your car looks nice, but it's too shiny" about as much as I'll hear "Your girlfriend is hot, but her t!ts are just too big"......
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quick Reply: Zaino VS Maguires NXT.