Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New to Car Care

Old 06-20-2004, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Car Care

Ok, I'll apologize know because I know how many people ask these same questions on here. Just bought an SS and really the first thing I want to do is to simply clean it very well everywhere (engine bay, interior, exterior). I have a pretty good idea of what I need for the exterior but don't really know what to use for the engine bay or the interior.

I'm really hoping someone can lay out some good products for EVERYTHING involved with cleaning the car. Leather, tires, dashboard, windows, chrome rims, engine compartment, et. If people can recommend good "packages" taht I can buy from companies I think that would work out well. Problem with that is I pretty much find packages only for paint protection taht don't include things to clean the engine, interior etc.
Zaino has the Total Protection Show Car Kit and that from what I know is all that I will really need to clean the paint and wax the paint etc. This however doesn't help me with the wheels/interior/engine.
They also have theUltimate Protection Show Car Kit and that gives me stuff to clean my leather interior and just the tires, still need something for engine and rest of interior.

Meguir's has this EXTRA All-Surface Cleaner which they say can be used on engine bays, and wheel wells, basically anything you want. Does that work?
Then Zaino has some glass cleaner stuff too.

Anyway, I think you guys can see what I'm asking from you here, just looking for recommendations on good products that I could get that will help me clean/protect ALL parts of my car. I know these questions get annoying, but I'd reall appreciate as much help as you can give me to the best products for all of this stuff.

Search this Thread