Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Door stickers...NEW....GM codes, Tire Loading and Manufacture Data.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Door stickers...NEW....GM codes, Tire Loading and Manufacture Data.

So my friend did these for me. Pretty nice job. My factory stickers are destroyed. I think he charged me $100.00. He's reproducing all the under hood fuse box stickers and other information stickers everywhere.

He's still going to tweak some of the edges and a couple other spots.....these are just the first rough reproductions. When done they will look 100% perfect like factory. He has a professional printing machine where he works that makes any kind of stickers. We're going to use the same material as factory. There's even a couple that are better quality meant for salt water boats.

BEFORE:

Name:  vin%20code%20door%20sticker%202_zpsjizuuhsd.jpg
Views: 3007
Size:  243.7 KB

Name:  vin%20code%20door%20stickers_zpsqzghgr3u.jpg
Views: 2782
Size:  293.2 KB

AFTER:

Name:  doorjam%20sticker%205_zpsqw9v0fs8.jpg
Views: 2747
Size:  81.1 KB

Name:  doorjam%20sticker%203_zpsfsghzrud.jpg
Views: 2703
Size:  76.7 KB

Name:  doorjam%20sticker%204_zpsujgar9zn.jpg
Views: 3432
Size:  93.7 KB

Old 10-04-2016, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

LEGALLY, he CANNOT reproduce ANYTHING with a VIN number. The Feds will be knocking on his door if they find out. And they won't be happy, either.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We use Autodatalabels when we need replacements.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by farmington
LEGALLY, he CANNOT reproduce ANYTHING with a VIN number. The Feds will be knocking on his door if they find out. And they won't be happy, either.
**** the Feds....they can truly suck dick......

There's no less than 150 cars that have used this guy all over South Florida.......lol

Old 10-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigdaddy350
We use Autodatalabels when we need replacements.

They do not sell to the public. They only sell to Collision Repair Centers/Shops. The only way to get new remade stickers from them is after your car is in an accident AND the stickers are damaged in the accident. Also, you will only get new stickers made if the repairs are covered under an insurance claim. Self paying for a repair is not going to get you any stickers.

And they are more expensive than my friend who re-makes them.

Last edited by LS6427; 10-06-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Never thought about legality, but if you're putting them on a car with a matching vin where is the crime? My big driver door sticker just fell right off, really is a joke how shitty it was from the factory.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Never thought about legality, but if you're putting them on a car with a matching vin where is the crime? My big driver door sticker just fell right off, really is a joke how shitty it was from the factory.
Its not illegal. Thats ridiculous. If a person loses their license plate or its stolen....there's nothing at all illegal about them writing their license plate number on a piece of cardboard and writing the VIN# all the way across the bottom of the cardboard also.

Who will the Feds arrest.....the owner of their own car.....ITS NOT ILLEGAL.

Only thing that would be illegal is putting a cars' VIN# on a different car.

My under hood fuse box stickers are looking terrible too. He's making me new ones just like the factory stickers.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
If a person loses their license plate or its stolen....there's nothing at all illegal about them writing their license plate number on a piece of cardboard and writing the VIN# all the way across the bottom of the cardboard also.
And there goes your credibility. That IS illegal, not to mention stupid.

From your own home state, Florida statute 316.605:

"No license plates other than those furnished by the state shall be used."
Old 10-06-2016, 07:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

those look nice, i wish i had them for my car, all of them are gone on mine .
Old 10-06-2016, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 412 Likes on 293 Posts

Have you priced them through the dealer? I think the Vin sticker on the door cost me about $25 and I had to wait a few weeks. This was a few years back though.

The Font he used is not correct either.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Spartan7
And there goes your credibility. That IS illegal, not to mention stupid.

From your own home state, Florida statute 316.605:

"No license plates other than those furnished by the state shall be used."
When you lose your tag, at least in Florida, you are supposed to put your tag number on a piece of paper until the new metal plate is replaced. There's cars every day driving around like that....every single day you see them everywhere. Perfectly legal and accepted by the police until a new tag is purchased. Usually if a cop pulls you over they will give you a 10 "no fee" citation.
And if you write the VIN# on it too....I'm sure the cop would appreciate it, even though they will absolutely walk over to the VIN tag in the windshield or on the door to make sure its the same VIN that matches the license plate number you wrote on the paper.

That statute is just to say you must use a state provided plate as a permanent official plate.

AND...these are STICKERS.....not license plates. AND....furthermore, door jam stickers are NOT provided by the state. They are provided by the manufacturer of the cars.

THESE ARE DOOR STICKERS.

Find me a statute that says a door jam sticker cannot be reproduced.....then I agree its illegal.

But it doesn't mean I still won't use them, because the factory ones look like **** and they fall off when they are old. Its information most of us want to have.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Have you priced them through the dealer? I think the Vin sticker on the door cost me about $25 and I had to wait a few weeks. This was a few years back though.

I had three GM dealers research this for me. They all came back and said GM does not and cannot send new door jam data stickers.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Banned

Yes....these are just the rough drafts....he's going to use the proper number "0" with the line through it and other fonts.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

They do need a little work still. GM logo isn't right either.

I like the idea, 100 bucks seems steep.

I don't think there is anything wrong with putting them on your own car. I could see how selling a car with fake stickers MIGHT be an issue. But if you're putting the correct info there than what is wrong?

If I buy a replacement door from a junk yard I'm gonna have wrong info. Is that illegal?
Old 10-07-2016, 10:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Always wondered where I would get these when I do a color change. Mine are in ok shape now but figured I wouldnt be able to re-use after changing colors.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:29 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

I had three GM dealers research this for me. They all came back and said GM does not and cannot send new door jam data stickers.

This is absolutely correct. You can't get new factory SPID stickers through GM or the GM parts department in my experience either. If anyone has managed to get new stickers through their dealer, I image that repros were ordered through the dealer body shop from a place like Autodatalabels or ECS.

On a side note, unless this person becomes a sponsor we can't allow such posts as "PM me for contact info or pricing." You're welcome to show and discuss the item itself, but sales solicitation will be removed.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
This is absolutely correct. You can't get new factory SPID stickers through GM or the GM parts department in my experience either. If anyone has managed to get new stickers through their dealer, I image that repros were ordered through the dealer body shop from a place like Autodatalabels or ECS.

On a side note, unless this person becomes a sponsor we can't allow such posts as "PM me for contact info or pricing." You're welcome to show and discuss the item itself, but sales solicitation will be removed.
This guy is just a graphic design guy...he does this on the side. He only does about 10 customers a week that need new stickers so hes not gonna start a company just for that. Its all just word of mouth business.....

Old 10-08-2016, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 412 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
You may be correct on them using an outside source. I can ask the next time I'm at the dealer. I know I had to show a valid driver's license, and proof of registration of vehicle to myself which was Photocopied and put on file for the order.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:28 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

You may be correct on them using an outside source. I can ask the next time I'm at the dealer. I know I had to show a valid driver's license, and proof of registration of vehicle to myself which was Photocopied and put on file for the order.
Please do report back if you happen to remember to ask, I had no luck with two local dealers, even though they both had on-site body shops, but perhaps they just didn't want to be bothered with this.

In my case, I felt that GM really should have provided me with a new one as mine was delivered with the wrong SPID. The VIN was incorrect and the serial number portion was just one digit off (29 vs 30.) That's how the car was delivered to me, brand new, by the dealer with 3 miles on it - so I know it was a true assembly line error. Still they claimed they couldn't get me one from GM. Same story from a second dealer with which I also had a good business relationship.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Banned

Yes....let us know. I know the dealers are not always correct. These two dealers in Lauderdale called in front of me at the parts counter. One guy is a good friend of mine for 12 years and is the manager at one dealer in the parts department....he looked into for a few days. Called all his friends at other dealers also. Everyone came back and said no-go on getting new sets of data stickers.

Quick Reply: Door stickers...NEW....GM codes, Tire Loading and Manufacture Data.