Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Firehawk Project Completed Pictures

Old 11-29-2016, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but....... your nuts. This car is ******* sex! Just because it's not the exact same recipe as every other fbody isn't bad. I love the wheels and why not run 5" tips. It looks like it's ready to do some serious *** whooping. Nice car man. Where are your in tx?
Thanks bud. Im in Houston.
Originally Posted by ramairetransam
car looks good . Love the spoiler and the wheels. You and your damn cars making me want to put ta gfx, rear bumper and spoiler on my formula. Great looking car.
Thanks! I think you should go for it!
Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I think it looks great man. I really dig the color of the CCW's. They go well with the color of the car.

What FAST intake is that? 90mm or 92mm?
Thanks wanted to make the wheels a little different. Already have a brushed/polished set on my white formula and a black set on my c5. This is a old skool fast 90.
Originally Posted by tbird31
As always looks great man. I really dig the final rendition of the Classics and the fact you did the CETA to match. Two things though...

1. How does it feel to have a black and white version of almost the same car? I've always wanted to have a version of my car in black...

and 2, it's your car, but those tips...not a fan.

Everything else, cream of the crop. Well done. Gives me a jump start to get my Banshee wing on the car.
I really didnt plan on getting a black car. I hydroplaned my pewter ss and a few months later i nodded off driving home from work in my white hard top SS. I was looking for another white SS but I dont think me and Camaro are meant to be right now. Just stumbled across this roller on facebook. Ive been considering installing the hardtop off my ss on the firehawk then it would really be the black clone of my formula.
Originally Posted by Centerforce
Super clean ride, Dopefedz! We've always been a fan of those wheels.
Thank you!
Originally Posted by Aaron at SDPC
Car looks great!
Thanks Aaron.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Really clean job on the final product. Especially considering what it was when you got it. I actually like the wheels, as they are just technical enough to give the car an added dose of seriousness, which I think really helps to nail down the very sculptural curves of a 4th gen Firebird. I prefer the Trans Am nose myself, but everyone has their favorites. The only thing I can't abide is those tips. They look as out of place as a giant V-TEC logo across the hood. At least those are an easy fix if/when you get sick of them. The engine bay looks tidy too. I'll bet it's great to finally be driving it.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm in Houston as well. I would love to check the car out some time. I never pass a chance to see a well done fbody since 99% of them are absolutely trashed nowadays.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, that is killer. Love the rear shot
Old 12-12-2016, 09:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Car looks great man!
Old 12-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Love the car man, maybe il see you around im in the Houston area as well. You inspired me to do the grey CETA mod on my black vert ws6 lol. Just thought you should know! looks killer.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by eb110americana
Really clean job on the final product. Especially considering what it was when you got it. I actually like the wheels, as they are just technical enough to give the car an added dose of seriousness, which I think really helps to nail down the very sculptural curves of a 4th gen Firebird. I prefer the Trans Am nose myself, but everyone has their favorites. The only thing I can't abide is those tips. They look as out of place as a giant V-TEC logo across the hood. At least those are an easy fix if/when you get sick of them. The engine bay looks tidy too. I'll bet it's great to finally be driving it.
Thanks man. It took sometime to get it all together and running but it was well worth it.
Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
I'm in Houston as well. I would love to check the car out some time. I never pass a chance to see a well done fbody since 99% of them are absolutely trashed nowadays.
I'll probably see you around sometime.
Originally Posted by Tim_WS6
Damn, that is killer. Love the rear shot

Originally Posted by RidetechJosh
Car looks great man!
Thanks Josh
Originally Posted by j0hn_j0hn08
Love the car man, maybe il see you around im in the Houston area as well. You inspired me to do the grey CETA mod on my black vert ws6 lol. Just thought you should know! looks killer.
Glad I helped you make up your mind I bet it will look good too once you get it painted.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Reznor
not really diggin it, the finish on the wheels make them look dirty, and those exhaust tips are just atrocious lol

i think a kooks true dual setup would look sick on that, and sound better

to me, black birds still look best with bright/polished wheels, or black centers with polished lip.

all your other builds have been very clean

I agree Reznor! Car looks & sounds atrocious! Should have left that thing in the Graveyard where it belonged, DopeFedZ!
Old 12-17-2016, 04:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Car looks good, as your stuff usually does! Had a rare sighting of a formula car with this spoiler driving down the road a couple months back, I absolutely love that thing!

I would prefer to see it sitting lower myself. And the tips look good in that direct rear shot, but not feeling them from pretty much any other angle.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not a fan of the ceta mod on black cars, but maybe since the wheels match, this one looks pretty good!

Is the third brake light modified? or aftermarket wing?
Old 12-17-2016, 11:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlow28
Im not a fan of the ceta mod on black cars, but maybe since the wheels match, this one looks pretty good!

Is the third brake light modified? or aftermarket wing?
That spoiler was the optional "IROC" spoiler for firehawks.

Agree about the ceta mod, I normally don't care for it on black cars, but in this case it works because he had it tie in with the wheels.
Old 12-18-2016, 01:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
That spoiler was the optional "IROC" spoiler for firehawks.
You learn something new every day. Looks good
Old 12-21-2016, 07:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The tips are growing on me. Looks great man!
Old 12-21-2016, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you switched to a formula front bumper, how much did you have to cut off for the Firehawk hood? I am wondering if it is just the flat part that is cut for this hood. I have no idea and no Firehawks to look at. I am going to have to hunt down a Firehawk hood and cut my bumper for it since it's been 2 years waiting for a superhawk hood that I paid for and still not here and that's the closest hood to it.

Thank you,

-Mark jr.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ill see if I can find any pictures. It is pretty simple to cut with a dremel. You have to buy the firehawk badge/plate/emblem whatever it's called that sits right in the middle of the nose because it fills in a gap between the bumper and the hood.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Ill see if I can find any pictures. It is pretty simple to cut with a dremel. You have to buy the firehawk badge/plate/emblem whatever it's called that sits right in the middle of the nose because it fills in a gap between the bumper and the hood.
I appreciate any pics of this that you may have.

That is not what I wanted to hear regarding the badge, was hoping I could cut it close to not have to use that, but I will know better with some pics. I just saw those badges on eBay for I think $250, so I may make my own assuming I can find a hood locally.

Thanks

-Mark jr.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Pretty much let the hood rest on the bumper. trace this line where the hood hangs over the bumper and trim it back.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

That is some good info. I understood it all wrong. I thought that the only part that required trimming was the point directly under the Firehawk badge and that the badge filled a gap. Didn't know that the entire from nostril edge to nostril edge needed to be modified.

I figured that that flat part on the bumper for a normal hood where the badge goes was all that needed cut.

One more piece of the puzzle. Thanks again for the pics
Old 12-23-2016, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Had a little down time before work yesterday so I snapped some pictures of the completed car. Picked this up as a roller a few months back and I have been working on getting it finished. It has been a fun project now I finally get to enjoy driving it.

Very nice! No matter what anyone says about your tips, I like them. Here's mine. Thanks!

Old 12-23-2016, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice SS still wish I had mine but the sleep bug bit me driving home from work. This is right before the motor and transmission went in.

Name:  20160107_171253.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  154.0 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Firehawk Project Completed Pictures