Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What would you think of....

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What would you think of....

A metal radiator shroud for the LS1 equipped FBodies that have aftermarket lids?

I was looking at my stock shroud yesterday and it's starting that peeling process that many of us have talked about for years now. It's not bad, and I'm not going to be the bling master at any time, but I would like something that matches all the other metal under the hood. I see that K&N have one for their FIPK, BMR has one but not for LS1s. This is just a thought.

Most of us have unbolted the four 10mm screms that hold this down and can see that it wouldn't be hard to fabricate, maybe a little pricey at first, but I think it would make things alot cleaner than what we currently have to deal with. All of the aftermarket lids I've seen on friends cars and at a couple of events, it's really hard to match an aftermarket lid to this base, painting it is useless, etc.

I'm prepared to get verbally pummelled, so let me hear your opinions. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

y is painting it useless:? i was loking into a custom painted lid and was going to get the shroud painted gloss black to match y would that be a waste. imo it would dress it up and make it look much better.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Two buds of mine have used paint under the hood of their camaros with no luck, two buds have also done some paint work under the hoods of their Impalas, one being custom, the other using this Fusion plastic paint. Results, all of them bubbled and peeled. None of these cars are extreme cars, a matter of fact they all sit in the garage most of their lives!