Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

To anyone who as swapped cloth interior for leather

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To anyone who as swapped cloth interior for leather

I have a 1998 Z28 with cloth interior and I am looking to change to a full leather interior. My question is to anyone who has already done this before, how did you get the matching leather door panel inserts? I have never seen an auction on ebay selling the panels with the seats. Did you guys just deal with the cloth door panel with the leather seats? I personally don't think it would look very well and am trying to figure out how I am going to get matching door panels when I swap the seats. Throw some ideas and suggestions this ways guys. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

www.autoleathers.com

$800

check the sig for pics

-Steve
Old 07-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Launching!

I have a 98 Camaro also and changed from cloth to leather. I had the 98 dark grey interior and changed everything out to the Ebony.
To answer your question though, I just bought a set of 2002 Ebony leather door panels. You can find leather door panels on ebay all the time and every now and then you can catch them pretty cheap depending on year.

Panels on Ebay
Old 07-09-2004, 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the process of doing the same thing (cloth->leather) and a guy on here JLMoses has done it and been very helpful. Like the others said, the door panels are on ebay here and there, but I would also check with shops in your area that get wrecked f-body's. I'm getting the entire ebony interior from a 2000 Formula (door panels require some modding to fit) from a guy here on L.I. and I don't have to worry about shipping of large/heavy items like seats, etc.

I will post a thread with pics and the whole process when I'm done.....
Old 07-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

ive done it before on the car i had before this but me and my buddy swapped i actually had leather and went to cloth cause he gave me 300$ and his cloth seats, but the process is simple unbolted and bolted the seats and swapped them out same with the door panels we swapped door panels. it was easy i dont know if this would help u but i think u would be better off trying to find someone like i did, it might be cheaper for u.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ive used autoleathers.com and they offer a good product. I did have a problem with one of the seat covers fitting right and It was a pita to get them to fix it.

Quick Reply: To anyone who as swapped cloth interior for leather