Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Wire Mod People Wanted...

Old 07-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wire Mod People Wanted...

i did the mod yesterday an was curious to see what everyone has done after that (i.e.-filling in the holes or getting a pcm cover, etc.)

i'm just getting some more ideas, if there are any...

thanks-justin

Old 07-11-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good post, I am with ya. I want to know as well.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This isn't the best pic, but I used "automotive fasteners" from the hard to find parts section at my local Lowes. I think it looks pretty clean

Old 07-11-2004, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And yes I will be getting a pcm cover, I've seen a few and I think they make a big difference.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks good but to finish the project get rid of the ground stud and wires on the drivers shock tower and the one on the radiator support by relocating them. Then repaint you inner fenders. That's what I did on mine as the dull black paint looked sad compared to the outside of the car and underside of the hood.

I have since added a polished stainless steel PCM cover (like on the fuse boxes and battery) and hid the air hose and hood release cable on the drivers side. I guess I need to get a new photo.

Greg

Old 07-12-2004, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

FBodMan, showing off again huh? looks nice.

Greg, sweet car man...especially have a red car I'm pretty eager to paint my fender wells, but man, looks like one heck of a job!
Old 07-12-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

I welded mine up and painted with POR15 silver to prevent corrosion. I will paint the entire engine bay black eventually.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Got tiny pine cone fasteners, and painted them red . . .
Old 07-12-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hillco has some little chrome 'plugs' the I put in on mine. I looked but I don't have any pictures.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Come on Greg, I was sad about my engine bay for 3 days after seeing yours at camarofest. I was just getting over it...lol.

And did you make your pcm cover also?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Launching!

SS LS1- you got that thing lookin great! How difficult was it to paint up the engine area? Did you just mask everything off and start shooting?

i also just ordered a PCM cover from www.ls1speed.com

Old 07-12-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

I just have to comment also, SS LS1 that is one sweet looking engine bay. You can definitely see the thought and effort put into that one. Awesome looking!!! Just awesome!

Justin
Old 07-12-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Unforgiven1
I just have to comment also, SS LS1 that is one sweet looking engine bay. You can definitely see the thought and effort put into that one. Awesome looking!!! Just awesome!

Justin
Who am I kidding?!?!?! I only mentioned engine bay in that last post, after viewing your car domain site...that is a beautiful camaro! Great work!

Justin
Old 07-12-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Greg, what award was it that you won at camarofest??

(yes, this is your chance to bask in the glory of all that hard work)

Scott
Old 07-12-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looky here, I just happen to have a updated pic of of Greg's engine bay (I know sad isn't it) that's current as of camarofest july 4th and it looks like it has the new pcm cover on it. I hope you don't mind me postin pics of your car, I know these pics aren't up to you standards but

Old 07-12-2004, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And since you were so harsh on mine, the least you could do is buy an MBA cover for that radiator overflow cap, man is that ugly..... I know I'm really reaching here. Guys like yourself, Steve1969SS and Todd2001SS cost people like me a small fortune Great looking engine bay
Old 07-12-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

there it is! Nice pics mane!
Old 07-13-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seriously guys thanks for the compliments on the car! I appreciate it very much and don't worry.......... if my head gets too big from all the kind words here then I can just remove the T-Top so I don't bump it.

f-bodman......... Yes I did make the PCM cover.

L-SS-1............. Painting the engine bay is a PITA for the most part. I basically removed everything except the engine. I removed the headlights and brackets, ASR motor, PCM, Master Cylinder, Battery, ABS distribution block, fuse blocks, windshield fluid container, front nose support brace, hood latch, and some other misc stuff in the way........... but the results are worth in IMO.

Unforgiven1........ Thanks for the kind words!

f-bodman........... Nice pic, but actually I did 4 more mods last night with one being doing something with that radiator overflow cap as the white writing was comming off............(thanks for pointing that out in public BTW) I have another mod currently in the mail to help change the look of the engine bay.......so stay tuned.

Now for those that have not seen the car in person will the Superfest atendees please back me up on this........ The pewter color on the intake and FRC's looks better in person right? It seems like when ever it is photographed in the sunlight the photos make the color look more gold that it is in person for some reason. That's why I sometimes hate to post pics of the engine compartment.......<Sigh> ... You have to see it in person to get the color right.

1BadMoFo........ I took First Place in the '98-'02 Modified class at the 2004 Camaro Superfest. I was also given an award from the SLP (Street Lethal Performance) F-Body club from Detroit as they picked my car as their Favorite 4th Gen Camaro. When I went to thank the club president he stated that they picked the car not only because it look nice but because I actually drive my car rather than keeping it a garage queen. I just got back from traveling 3065 miles on the Hot ROd Power tour less than 3 week prior to the show. It took quite a lot of work to shine the car back up from the trip.

So what class were you in Scott? How did you do? I wish I had a chance to see you car up close in person. Any chance any of you guys going to head out to the Berger Chevrolet show on Labor Day weekend? Our Western Michigan Camaro Club is the host of the show so I will be there.

Greg
Old 07-13-2004, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Scott and I are both planning on attending the Berger show, but I'm sure once again I'll have to park out with all the "spectators" vehicles
Greg, I think the pewter looks good in pics also, but I agree it looks even better in person . Did you make any of the caps yourself? And do you have any plans on making any of your custom pieces for anyone else, I know Scott is interested in that radiator shroud. Did you paint your fenders yourself? If so how? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make my engine bay look good also, any tips would be appreciated
Old 07-13-2004, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

like he said, I'll be there at Berger for sure...hopefully have some of these mods on by then darnnit....got 4 things waiting to go on the car now, ugh.

one thing though...I was the only car at Camarofest with 18" Cragars

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wire Mod People Wanted...