Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dupli-color scratch fix from AutoZone..

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dupli-color scratch fix from AutoZone..

I didnt know which would be the proper forum to ask in, so I figured I would just ask here. I have a Sunset Orange Metallica paint on the car, and I got behind a dump truck on the highway a few weeks back. Long story short I've got about 4-5 rock chips in the paint, and a few scratches from the previous owner. I bought thet dupli color scratch remover from AutoZone, and it is supposed to match GM Factory Sunset Orange paint.. It looks a little runny but I just wanted some tips or advice on how to use it. Also On the front liscenses plate cover, I have a decent size rock chip and i didnt know if it would stick to plastic like it would metal. I guess its the same paint but wanted to make sure.. Thanks for the help

Brandon
Old 07-12-2004, 04:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Well first of all sorry to hear about rock chips on your Sunset Orange color car. Now on how to use it try reading the instuction's on the little can. Or Dupli Color has a web site that has some info on there product's. Do a search on Dupli Color. Do you have any pic's of your car I would like to see more pic's of sunset orange car's.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ohmyneck
I have a Sunset Orange Metallica paint on the car.
Brandon
I didnt know metallica made paint for our cars

ok seriously i think the duplicolor doesnt match exactly but im sure if you go to a body shop they may be able to tell you where to do. if these scratches arent that bad (if you can feel them with your nail theyre too deep) try to get a detailer to buff them out

Quick Reply: Dupli-color scratch fix from AutoZone..