Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

fixing up the front end

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fixing up the front end

Just wrecked the camaro not bad but i will be needing a new front bumper and probably 2 new fenders.

I dont have the z28 emblem on back so i was wonder if i should put the z28s back on or change to SS or leave it w/o any?

What do you guys think? The z28 emblems are basically the same price as the ss emblems so i could go either way but i kinda like it w/o anything.

any suggestion on what paint job or custom front end i should do?
Old 08-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Well, i am gonna go with the sleek look, i have a Z28, but would never put SS emblems on it, as it is not a SS, but i will put the SS hood/spoiler on it, im gonna send my 17x9 SS wheels (10spoke) off to be widend, just 2 to 17x11 and keep the fronts as is, then lower it and remove all emblems except for the chevy orange chevy emblem on the back, and just by the way it sounds noone will need to see emblems to now that is a V8.

But i am really against ppl badgeing there car to somthing its not.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeeeeea, i dont know why you would put SS emblems on it, if its not an SS?

jason98zee, which "SS" wheels do you have? ive got my ws6 wheels widened and i love them
Old 08-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02blackws679ta
yeeeeea, i dont know why you would put SS emblems on it, if its not an SS?

jason98zee, which "SS" wheels do you have? ive got my ws6 wheels widened and i love them

I have the 2001 SS 10spokes, there not bad looking, my car was broken into and all 4 wheels were stolen along with a busted window and some cd's, i bought the wheels used from a guy on here for 450 shipped with Goodyear Eagle F1s, 2 wheels have slight curb rash, and the other 2 are almost perfect, i will def sent the worst to off to be widened and refinished.. i have seen pictures of a Z28 on here a 2001 when the wheels painted black, i love that look, i have never seen it before except for his, and it just looks badass, but i wont do that to mine as i hate to copycat someone who wants there car to be diff..

btw- that car was ALL black, black wheels and black car, with dark tint, it was just so sick looking.. and red calipers.. just so so sick..
Old 08-16-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jason98Zee
i have a Z28, but would never put SS emblems on it, as it is not a SS, but i will put the SS hood/spoiler on it
Wouldn't badge it, but you'll turn it into a clone anyway...even without the badges it sounds like you have SS envy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to what badges to put on it...I'd have to agree that you shouldn't badge it an SS, because it's not an one. But then again, I also think that you shouldn't make it look like one either, because it's not one. Z28 badges or none.

Justin

Last edited by Unforgiven1; 08-17-2004 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Forgot about the thread topic
Old 08-17-2004, 05:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Unforgiven1
Wouldn't badge it, but you'll turn it into a clone anyway...even without the badges it sounds like you have SS envy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to what badges to put on it...I'd have to agree that you shouldn't badge it an SS, because it's not an one. But then again, I also think that you shouldn't make it look like one either, because it's not one. Z28 badges or none.

Justin

Actually the hood and spoiler just make the appearence nicer, the Z28 is a little plain, so yes, the hood and spoiler are fine, 90% of the Zs i see with the added spoiler or hood, still have Z emblems, not SS, not to say there arent ppl that do this.
I like the look better on the SS, And Yes i do believe EVERYONE either wants a Ws6/Firehawk, or SS, noone really wants a plain TransAm or Z28, everyone wants to best you can get.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jason98Zee
noone really wants a plain TransAm or Z28, everyone wants to best you can get.

Screw that, I DO! I like being subtle, a big *** scoop and fancy spoiler doesn’t do it for me. I took the Z badges off mine, and have had a great time at stop lights when doofuses in V6 stangs think they have a chance. On a side note, I am thinking of getting rid of my factory chrome wheels for some black ones. Bling aint my thing. Also you shouldn’t worry about what is "Best"; just get what you like.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Actually the hood scoop on the SS is really that big. And i dont possiably see how you dont think the SS spoiler doesnt just look 100% better then the Z's, and by putting a spoiler and hood on, i dont see the big deal, its just like you putting something on your car thats not there from the factory, its an enhancment to your car. or atleast to some, i still dont tryin pass mine from an SS, tons off ppl concider the V8 camaro a Z28 anyways, they always ask, is it a v6? or a Z28?
Old 08-17-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude, z28 and ss is just about the same, y take the spoiler and hood off?
Old 08-18-2004, 06:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camar0guy
dude, z28 and ss is just about the same, y take the spoiler and hood off?

because to me the Z is to plain, the SS hood and spoiler look 100% better IMO
Old 08-18-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can put on SS parts (hood, spoiler, etc) but.............

NO SS BADGES ON A Z28... Be proud of the heritage of the Z28.. Maybe go with some retro badges
Old 08-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Steve1969LS1
You can put on SS parts (hood, spoiler, etc) but.............

NO SS BADGES ON A Z28... Be proud of the heritage of the Z28.. Maybe go with some retro badges

My thoughts exactly, as i have stated before, i like the look better, but it still isnt a SS, so dont badge it as a SS. id still claim mine is a Z
Old 08-19-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Haha, actually I was in a similar situation. I had to replace my hood and driver's side fender, so I took off all of my badging, and since my car is all black, it looks just like a 6 cylinder (well, except for the exhaust). I think it really cleans up the look quite a bit. I got another 'plain' Z28/V6 hood for money reasons, but am seriously considering a 2" cowl hood from American Sportscar Design. The SS look is badass, but too common around here. I want my car to be sleek and a little mysterious. Next step: either the 10 spoke SS or C5 wheels.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Steve1969LS1
Be proud of the heritage of the Z28.. Maybe go with some retro badges
This is my first choice here. I say go with an SS hood, ZL1 grille (but painted black for the retro look, I hate billet grilles on Camaros) and a retro z28 badge. It would look great.

Last edited by ritz; 08-19-2004 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Ok looks like ss badges arent good. I have seen people do this and didnt know people were so against it. I can see how it would be stuped for a v6 to do it but considering the z and ss are the same when you chang the hood and spoiler i didnt think it would matter.

However I asked to get opinions which i did; and so i have decided to take off all badges and leave them off. I have the ram air II hood and I will get a ss spoiler and a west coast ground effects kit and leave it w/o badges. along w/ my new c5 17s,18s i think it will look awesome.

almost forgot. Thanks for the comments.