Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need some opinions on seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 04:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some opinions on seats

Would like to ask your opinions on aftermarket seats for my car. I'm just getting started in Open track type events and I looking into getting better/lighter/safer seating. I've been looking at the styles like the Corbue Clubman, Momo Start, Sparco,,, pretty much that syle and price range {200-300$}. I'm sure that most have seen those type seats, pretty much entry level, tube style seats. I have just seen the past weekend, a pair of Kirkey Road Race seats.

I will have a 6 point roll bar soon so there is no need for reclineing seats. The car is driven on the street, although not alot. Maybe 10K miles per year now. I'm a pretty small feller {5'7 @ 165lbs} so vehicle entry/exit should be a huge problem. Also as I have already hinted at,,, I really don't want to go over 300$ for a seat.

I think the Kirky is most likely the safest and lightest seat of the bunch. It, however isn't the best looking of the bunch. I'm usually a form follows function type of person and if this were a race car I would have no problems throwing the Kirkeys in there. BUT, it it a street car that will be driven on the track occasionally. I will {at times} have to drive in these seats for hours at a time when going to events. Maybe 4-6 hour trips,,, don't really forsee anything taking longer than that.

Here is the question I was wanting your opinions on- would you install a set of these in your street car?

Asking here because,,, as I said, I tend to be a form follows function feller. Hell, I'd drive around in a Aztec {and be proud} if it had enough power!!! Just want some opinions from regular folk.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If those are halfway comfortable, I'd sport 'em in a heartbeat in my street car. Can you get the covers in different colors?
Old 08-23-2004, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It actually felt comfortable just sitting in them beleive it or not. Better than alot of the other non-reclining tube frame seats I've tried out. Yep, there are several differnt colors and fabric types.

Any other opinions????
Old 08-23-2004, 04:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say go for 'em. If they're comfortable, lightweight and you can get them in your choice of color, why the hell not?

Quick Reply: Need some opinions on seats