Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bosch Wiper Blade Refills?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bosch Wiper Blade Refills?

Hard to find. Mine are shot after two years.
Bosch arms are fine, but rubber is gone.
Where can I get sum?
Old 08-31-2004, 01:41 PM
Launching!

In my experience it is a hell of alot easier to install the whole replacement arm than it is to install the replacement rubber.

If you try and replace the rubber (and do it the correct way ), you will wish you had just paid $10 more and got the whole replacement.

To answer your question -- I got mine at Advance Auto Parts, or Autozone, or O'Reiley's
Old 08-31-2004, 02:34 PM
Launching!

...just don't get Anco garbage! lol
Old 08-31-2004, 03:08 PM
PR Director

I got mine from Autozone. I think the whole arm is actually cheaper than the refills if I remember correctly.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:31 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Get silicone wiper blades, they last longer.

I bought ANCO winter wiper arms/blades and swapped out the blades for silicone ones. I don't remember the brand, but they had lifetime warranty and are still like-new after 2 years. I think I got the ANCO units at Autozone and the blades from K-mart. I think the brand was Rally something or other. Bosch also makes silicone replacements. I also treat my windows with RainX with improves visibility in the rain dramatically and cuts down on wiper use. Be aware though, if you use silicone wipers with RainX and there isnt much water on the windshield (like a mist), the wipers will skip/jump a bit on the return stroke. This is what I have and I can live with it due to the amazing clarity in the rain.

Target carries Bosch wiper products. I dont remember if they carry just the blades though (as opposed to the whole arm/blade unit).

I just checked out TireRack and they carry PIAA silicone wipers. Its still the whole unit though, not just the refills. They even have the new odd looking ones without a frame.

Last edited by VIP1; 08-31-2004 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

I got Bosch's at Autozone for about 18 bucks a pair.. I have been through a LOT of wipers in the past 12 years as I live in FL. We get a bit of rain here.. The Bosch line has always lasted longer than any other blade I have used...
Old 08-31-2004, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the answers. With Frances on the way, I may need to buy two pair!!!

Yeah, I went that "discount" route at Pep Boys a few cars back and it was a total nightmare. I bought some Anco's and some other brands and none of them fit into the Bosch arms because they're only designed for the ultra thin Bosch blades.
Strange, considering the car sits inside all week long under a cover...guess rubber just eventually rots out?
My service writer told me the dealer price was like $60-$80!!!

Quick Reply: Bosch Wiper Blade Refills?