Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

ideas for caliper painting/decals color scheme

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ideas for caliper painting/decals color scheme

i have a NBM SS, with chrome Z06's. i am thinking about polishing my bracket and painting the caliper either black or NBM, and have brushed chrome "camaro" letters with the standard SS emblems (like on the car, black w/ silver trim) under those on the fronts. anyone done anything like this? pics would be awesome. i have seen some nice calipers on here, but none w/ that scheme that i can find. thanks
Old 09-01-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started to polish my caliper and bracket, but it started to become a pain in the butt..

So I just painted them black and went with brushed aluminum Camaro Z28 decals..

Old 09-01-2004, 09:13 PM
PR Director

Originally Posted by abadss
i have a NBM SS, with chrome Z06's. i am thinking about polishing my bracket and painting the caliper either black or NBM, and have brushed chrome "camaro" letters with the standard SS emblems (like on the car, black w/ silver trim) under those on the fronts. anyone done anything like this? pics would be awesome. i have seen some nice calipers on here, but none w/ that scheme that i can find. thanks
I think that the polished bracket and NBM caliper would look good. I say go for it. The polishing isn't going to be easy though.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i know the polishing will be a PITA, but as long as i can clear them and keep them looking that way i am willing to put the time into it. i have a dremel tool to cit the time down i will use it for the tight spaces. i am just wondering if the black and silver SS emblems will show up very well on the NBM or black caliper?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
I started to polish my caliper and bracket, but it started to become a pain in the butt..

So I just painted them black and went with brushed aluminum Camaro Z28 decals..

Nice calipers....nasty nasty rims Just teasin ya, I'm sure they are usually kept very BLINGY.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:09 PM
PR Director

Originally Posted by abadss
yeah i know the polishing will be a PITA, but as long as i can clear them and keep them looking that way i am willing to put the time into it. i have a dremel tool to cit the time down i will use it for the tight spaces. i am just wondering if the black and silver SS emblems will show up very well on the NBM or black caliper?
Dark decals on the dark paint will be hard to see. You would be better off going with brush aluminum or just silver no black.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1BadMoFo
Nice calipers....nasty nasty rims Just teasin ya, I'm sure they are usually kept very BLINGY.
Hey now..
It's just a bit of rain.. I was getting drenched while I took those pictures..
Old 09-01-2004, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PitBull
Dark decals on the dark paint will be hard to see. You would be better off going with brush aluminum or just silver no black.

anyone know where i can get some SS emblems that arent black?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

These are on my black Z.
Attached Thumbnails ideas for caliper painting/decals color scheme-redfrontcalipera.jpg   ideas for caliper painting/decals color scheme-redrearcalipera.jpg  
Old 09-02-2004, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

those look great man. i might end up going with painting the bracket silver if the polishing doesnt seem to look so well. but we'll see. does anyone have any pics of polished bracket with a darker painted caliper with camaro or SS emblems on it? i am just interested in seeing how well the SS emblems will show up. i am starting to order the decals already, i have brushed chrome camaro letters, waiting to order the SS emblems. anyone know where to get those?

Quick Reply: ideas for caliper painting/decals color scheme