Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I Need A Step By Step

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need A Step By Step

Alright Im 20. And I Race My Ws-6 On The Street. It Isnt A Show Car Imo. But To Please The Female Audience And For My Personal Taste It Has Been Lowered, Silver Grills, And Has A Commando Wing On It.

I Have Had It Two 1/2 Years And Waxed It A Total Of 2 Times.
I Cant Bring It To A Car Wash It Gets Stuck On The Rack.

I Need A Step By Step On How To Wax This Car And I Will Not Spend Any More Than A Case Of Beers Worth Of Money On Products.
I Already Have A Turtle Wax Waxer.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Do females really distinguish your car favorably due to the wing?

What kind of beer, Milwaukee's Best ($9) or J.W. Lees Harvest Ale ($99)?
Old 09-02-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

i would like some help with this too. i have a 99 formula, and i need 2 wax it and buff out some scratches....but ive never done it before. so help is appreciated.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

read the instructions on the back of the wax
Old 09-02-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol....good one cgworth...ive never realized how...ricer wings..appeal..to woman>>

....trust me girls would rather chase a guy in a riced out eclipse...than a guy..in a truly performance..factory machine ls1...it makes me sick...oh wait..i get a little bit of enjoyment..when they drive off ..and 2 secs later...all they see is me in front of them ...
Old 09-02-2004, 11:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blubyeu2000
Alright I Have Had It Two 1/2 Years And Waxed It A Total Of 2 Times.
Ahhhhh [holding heart, falling to ground], please say it aint so. Seriously I know another NBM WS6 owner who is the same exact way. What the hell?

I Need A Step By Step On How To Wax This Car And I Will Not Spend Any More Than A Case Of Beers Worth Of Money On Products.
I Already Have A Turtle Wax Waxer.
I'm a firm believer of you-get-what-you-pay-for when it comes to wax/sealant products. You can get good results with off the shelf products, but why skimp?
I can help you, but you should invest in either Zaino or at least Mcguiar's NFX. I use Menzerna polishes with Porter Cable polsihed which are $$$ but well worth it, especially on dark colors.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLKTA
I'm a firm believer of you-get-what-you-pay-for when it comes to wax/sealant products. You can get good results with off the shelf products, but why skimp? Porter Cable polsihed which are $$$ but well worth it, especially on dark colors.
I agree with these parts.

I wouldn't use Zaino on a car that's not highly prepped. So forget that.

For a minimum, buy Meguiar's Scratch X $7, Meguiar's NXT for $15 Just follow the instructions on the bottles.

The more you spend, the more options open up. The Porter Cable is awesome!
Old 09-03-2004, 05:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blubyeu2000
I Have Had It Two 1/2 Years And Waxed It A Total Of 2 Times.
Commando Wing?

Bring it to a car wash? Would never consider it.

I've had my car the same length of time, and I've stopped counting the number of waxes
, it's been so many times.

Tell you what. Don't buy any wax. Just sell it (since you don't know how to care for it anyways), use the profits for a POS ricer. Put a commando wing on it, and cover it with stickers. Then you won't have worry about maintenance, speeding tickets, or the price of premium gas. Man, I'd hate to see the scuz (girls) that want you because of your commando wing
Old 09-03-2004, 07:22 AM
Chop-Foo Director

DD966, if you don't have anything constructive to say, please don't say anything.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Launching!

If you just want a relatively inexpesive, good wax, then I would say go with something in the Meguiar's line. You can get it at Walmart. Just be sure you've got good applicators and good towels (100% AMERICAN, not egyptian, cotton, they sell them at wal-mart too).

If you want to do it right, go with Zaino. But it's more expensive to get started and takes a little longer to apply (the first time).
Old 09-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Don't be swayed by anyone telling you that something is the "right way" or the "best wax" It all comes down to personal opinion. Find what product you like best, and stick with it.

If you are having a hard time coming up with a good wax, check autopia.org, read around and find out what some people are using. It's not about the product, it's about the process.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PendragonZ
Don't be swayed by anyone telling you that something is the "right way" or the "best wax" It all comes down to personal opinion. Find what product you like best, and stick with it.

If you are having a hard time coming up with a good wax, check autopia.org, read around and find out what some people are using. It's not about the product, it's about the process.
If you search for a way to detail a car that's been neglected like his on autopia.org for the average price of a case of beer, you're wasting your time. Now if he'd spent his commando wing money on detailling products, maybe we could talk more.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

well i apreciate everyone ripping on my car. By the way i make my car look how i want it. It just so happens that females like it as well. And to dd966: its to bad you dont like the wing because with the horsepower you have its the only thing on my car you would see.
and i still havent received any info on the proper procedures to wax my car. Some one please at least give me a website.
thanks

Last edited by blubyeu2000; 09-03-2004 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

BluByeU2000, Go get some wizards from champion. Thats what I use and you seem to like how my car shines, also get the wizards Mist N Shine for in between, or use right after you was it and it will also make it look better.

Dan
Old 09-03-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

PendragonZ gave you a good tip with autopia.org. Their write-ups and the write-ups on properautocare.com are really great.

And you do what YOU want to your car. It's not anyone's but your own. Unless the bank still owns it...

-Mike
Old 09-03-2004, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
PendragonZ gave you a good tip with autopia.org. Their write-ups and the write-ups on properautocare.com are really great.

And you do what YOU want to your car. It's not anyone's but your own. Unless the bank still owns it...

-Mike
good stuff. thanks
Old 09-03-2004, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Thanks For Your Help Guys Autopia Answered All Of My Questions
Old 09-03-2004, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=28

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=9

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=29
Old 09-03-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wash,clay,polish with megs # 9 and then wax with NXT. this should not cost you too much.

maybe you might want to throw in megs # 7 after 9 and before NXT
Old 09-06-2004, 07:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

DD966, that was a little harsh, but in the right direction. I find it appauling that anyone who has a car they consider more that their a to b car (blubyeu2000-obvously if you lowered it and did all the other stuff you do) to only wax it 2x in 2 1/2 years. But don't fret, all is not lost. If you really want to bring back the original shine (IMO) you have 2 options-and autopia I believe adresses both.

1). The Cheaper way but takes a LOT of time: Wash the car really really good. Get the claybar to take all the crap out of your paint. Take a POLISH and apply to your car, let set up then wipe off. Apply a little glaze. By now you have a really good shine. Now, to protect it, get Carnuba wax and follow the directions for that particulat wax. Est cost $30-Mothers sells the complete system for about that price. Est time to complete-8+ Hours

2). Follow the 6 step show quality detailing process described in bettercarcare.com. Yes this if prescribed for show cars, but it works just as good. This process cost about $300 for the initial cost (the Porter Cable 7424 is around $120-but worth the cost). You will not regret it at all. This process takes about 4-5 hours. Will make your car or any non rusted car look brand new!!!

If you choose to go with either of these processes you can't go wrong, do it 2x a year for best results. Wash and dry the car 1X per week and when you dry it, use a soft microfiber cloth and use detailing spray. Then 1X a month, re-apply a thin layer of wax to the car again. Not only does this process make the car look awsome, but it protects the paint as well, and makes it sooo much easier to wash and keep clean, no more hard to wash off bugs, no paint swirls, just mirror, deep wet looking shine.

After you spend the time to do this to your car, you will appreciate the car and the job you have don 100% more. Plus if you decide, you will now know how to thorouly detail a car, and can do a few friends or neighbors cars and make the money back on the products you had to but.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, I hope you find a way that works for you. I know sometimes it is hard to spend alot of time detailing a car, but IMO the results are well worth it!!!

P.S. Be careful with the street racing, it is too dangerous and in the end, no one really cares who wins, it is a waste of gas and can get you in alot of trouble. Find a track and then drive your car like it was ment to be, where it is legal.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: I Need A Step By Step