Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

how hard is it to remove the needles on gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how hard is it to remove the needles on gauges?

i am thinking about removing my gauge cluster, and the needles so i can scan the face of the cluster and fabricate my own gauge background. i have had the cluster out, but not been brave enough to take off the needles, how is this done and how difficult are they to line back up? can the black background be removed completely? i am thinking of laser cutting a thin piece of plexi in the shape of the entire cluster, then overlaying my gauge design onto that. the idea would be for the light to shine through very well, but have something cool on the face. anyone?
Old 09-03-2004, 12:40 AM

they should slide right off, but you have to make sure you put the needles back on so they read the same, you might be better off buying a used one and trying it, i have a scan of a speedo give me your email and i can send it to you, its too big to post on here
Old 09-03-2004, 06:37 AM
On The Tree

Like LS1_SS said it's not hard, just be patient and when you put them back on don't push them down against the gauge face. Here's a writeup I did for changing the face and bulbs, it's not anything fancy, but it may help out some.

White Face Gauge & Bulb Install

Since you're looking at making your own gauge faces you might want this link too,,

How To Create Custom Gauges
Old 09-03-2004, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys, exactly what i needed. how do you line the needles back up though? mine just seemed to move all over the place when i had it out last night. it may not be very hard at all to do the custom gauges thing. should be cool, i am going to do something subtle, no sunsets, haha. maybe just having SS in my tach, kinda like a berger or intimidater SS. thanks again.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh, and LS1-SS, send that scan to me at ricky@kkaarch.com, thanks man!

Quick Reply: how hard is it to remove the needles on gauges?