Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

T/A in new Hi-Tech magazine!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T/A in new Hi-Tech magazine!!!!

Has anybody seen the black t/a towards the back of the mag. w/ the sts turbo kit on it??

It has some sort of "vent" in front of the rear tire,looks interesting, and was wondering if anyone had more info on it??

Thanks
Brandon
Old 11-15-2004, 08:59 PM
FormerVendor

id like to see a pic of it
Old 11-15-2004, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They said in the mag that it was to help cool the turbo
Old 11-15-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I saw the mag but didn't read too much into it.. i'll see if my friend has a copy laying around
Old 11-15-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

I can't help ya any with the vents other than what has been said but that car is absolutly awsome (looks and perf wise)IMO
Old 11-15-2004, 10:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cools the turbo???????????!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? retaining heat within a turbo is what helps decrease spool up time! you know, i don't mean to offend anyone, but why go with this? if you ever want to go 8's, maybe even low to mid 9's, you'll have to do a whole new setup again. i spoke to HP Performance again today, who i have been keeping track of for some time now back when i thought about doing a turbo 408 in an '03 Cobra. very reputable in the Ford realm, and breaking in big time into the LS1/6 world. they just completed their first f-body kit, and are already producing C5 kits. their C5, just dynoe'd today for the second session, made some 650rwhp and 600rwtq, pump gas, all else stock, and 91/2 lbs boost!!! on their basic turbo. and the pricing on their f-bodies is to be set at $4900!!! that's a complete kit, and everything is Jet Hot coated too. i have spoken to more than 4 turbo companies, as well as several who know turbo setups and what makes them work from experience and real world results. funniest thing i've heard to date about them, as everyone i've mentioned this kit to could do nothing but bite their tongues, "STS = Slow To Spool"

oh well, who am i to talk right? i haven't even had mine built yet. but i'll tell you one thing, it wont be this setup! like i said, not trying to start an arguement. just thought that coment about cooling the turbo sounded rediculous. especially since so many big time racers have a cover for them to keep the heat in!

no flames please. if you would like to respond in a way that is adult and intelligent, feel free to prove the big turbo companies wrong. i'm saying what they're saying, and you can call them on it, so you're not proving me wrong or offending me. i've said it before, of course it will make more power than stock, it's pushing air. it's just not at all the most efficient way of doing it if you want to get your high hp goals accomplished, and others need to reallize it's not just sticking any turbo on your car and expecting that to happen. so why not spend the bit extra now or in 2 months and get what you're looking for the first time. after all, how many of us have done things at least twice or more before getting whatever it is right???

take care,
Dave

ps.- with the turbo waaayyy at the back of the car, it's not getting nearly as hot as a conventional underhood unit does anyway.

Last edited by PRAY HRD; 11-15-2004 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

Actually, what they said in the magazine was that the drivers side was functional in feeding more air to the relocated K&N Filter. The passenger side is non functional.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:07 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I kind of thought it was a lot of unnecessary work in relocating it. Plus I didn't much care for the large vents they cut into the rear quarters.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Banned

on the STS kit there is no slow spool time anyone that has ever ridden in one knows that. I have ridden in a couple of turbo LS1's one a ligenfelter corvette and they have just as most lag as an STS kit. They do perform as well or better than others. The kit is intended for peolpe that want a turbo and don't have to try to squeeze everything inside the engine bay.I talked to STS at SEMA in las vegas and there were really nice and helpful with any question. If they didn't know they said they didn't no BS and I wish people would stop bashing something just because it is new.Thats my 2 cents.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Default what hood does he have1

In that article what hood does that trans am have? Also, is it just me or does his rear wing look different? Maybe the angle?