Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Will T/A Overlays Fit Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will T/A Overlays Fit Camaro?

Will T/A Overlays Fit Camaro? I am getting Silver Faced Gauges and I always loved the look of the T/A gauges. I noticed that is what GMMG used on their specialty cars. I would like to get a set, but want to be sure they will fit and light up and are calibrated the same before purchase.

TIA
Old 11-16-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

The bezel will fit but I am unsure about the overlays themselves, I don't believe so though. Another member Teri9672 has the bezels available, maybe she would know about the conversion. I am buying a bezel off of her for my gauges and getting them recalibrated to the 200 mph face. LawmanSS has this conversion and bezel setup in his and pics are posted in a thread here if you are interested.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks. I do need a T/A Bezel as well. I will PM Teri. Thanks. I think I will just stay at 155mph. I will never see more than 130mph (someday)anyhow, and that's at the track.
Anyone else have any idea on the overlays?
Old 11-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Launching!

I don't know if it would work or not... The overlays need the light to shine through them where the numbers are. I believe TAs have a different style (font) of numerals on the gauges, so there may be some disparity there. (possibly dim spots on parts of the numbers?) I have Camaro overlays on my car and it was hard enough to get them to line up properly and they are the same font...... It wouldn't suprise me if GMMG was using a whole TA cluster.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

The overlays are almost an exact replacement. Once you put the trim peaces on they look perfect. HVAC and light switch overlays work too. Trust me, I did it all. I have a trans am and put in all camaro overlays. I believe the only thing I had to do was punch one small hole in the overlay to fit on a tab. Worked out great, now all my gauges/interior lights up bright blue.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:27 PM

the glow overlays will. the ones that overlay and shine through wont b/c the pattern and spacing on the t/a and camaro are diferent... trust me ive already tried...

Quick Reply: Will T/A Overlays Fit Camaro?