Sponsored by: DashLynx

Chroming pulleys on 04 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 04:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Chroming pulleys on 04 GTO

Hi to everyone from down under

I'm after some help from my international friends please.

I have the same engine here in Australia as per fitted to the Pontiac GTO as I'm sure 110% of you would be aware of. The specific help I'm after is, is it possible to remove the large pulley from the water pump so I can have it chromed? I have the mechanical pump, not the electric one. If I was to purchase the electric waterpump would it be easier to, if at all possible to remove the large pulley?

There is also on the waterpump a small plastic pulley. Does anyone make a steel or alloy replacement for this? If I was to purchase an electric waterpump would this small plastic pulley still be on there?

Ok final question. There is a bracket also which has two small plastic pulleys for belt tensioning. Is it once again possible to purchase an aftermarket steel or alloy ones? They are the same size as the small one on the waterpump and all three small ones have bearings in them.

The reason for my questions is that I curently have my entire engine out and it's being painted and I'm having a large amount of parts chromed etc etc hence my questions. I would really appreciate any help from the LS1 community.

This is what my engine will look like when completed
I have painted all the parts in the picture the same colour and I have also chromed all the same parts in the picture as well, with the exception of the parts I am asking about. Please the picture shown, I am in no way advertsing for this business mentioned in the writing I'm just using it for illustration purposes only.
Thanks kindly for your time and safe motoring!

Last edited by Thunder down under; 11-19-2004 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets try this one in the appearence section.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will have to check compatibility, but the 1998 pumps have a removable pulley, its bolted in place.

Ryan
Old 11-19-2004, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
Lets try this one in the appearence section.

Sorry John, I thought it was in the other section as it had to do with waterpumps etc etc. My apologies.

Slow, is there any chance I could trouble you to check from your end for me please as you will have the information you require over there, as I won't over here as we didn't get the LS1 until late 1999, early 2000. The current waterpump we have is identicle to the one in the picture above and as you can see there is no bolt as such, more a steel pin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: Chroming pulleys on 04 GTO