Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Whats everyones zaino process?

Old 11-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whats everyones zaino process?

I picked up some zaino but dont have any instructions for it... I know i should wash with dawn/water, claybar, then apply.. Which somes first the z2 or the z5? How many coats of each should i use and how long should i let each sit? This is on my black ss. Thanks for any help
Old 11-22-2004, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

There are detailed instructions on the website. www.zainostore.com

Generally speaking, Z5 comes first. I wouldn't do more than 3 coats total, but that is up to you. If you are using ZFX, you won't need to wait long before removing.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Teching In

aha. right on man. i didnt even check the site.. i dont have zfx , just z2 and z5, the claybar and the leather treatment.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

You might want to pick up ZFX or Z1. They are recommended for the initial application for Zaino to properly bond.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

my zaino process doesn't exist at all. i suggest visiting www.autopia.org. for some reason, f-body boards seem to be clouded with the idea that zaino is the best polish that exists. unfortunately, the f-body boards are always mistaken. autopia provides opinions from professional car detailers, not professional f-body owners, that usually have a better say as to what polishes actually are better.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

So he shouldn't try Zaino at all to see if he likes it?

I thought Autopia recommends trying lots of products. I also thought that Autopia teaches you that everything has strengths and weaknesses, which means that there really are no "better" products.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Teching In

I never asked if zaino was the best i just wanted to see how people used it. Ill get some zfx. Im going to zaino after i get out the orbital and get my damn swirls and spiderwebs out. Thanks zane o
Old 11-22-2004, 10:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think if your paint is in VERY good shape and you want a nice finisher you can't go wrong with Zaino. There are DIFFERENT products out there that have different yet equal results depending on your tastes. I like the "plastic" look at the durability and seeming dust repelent of Zaino.

Anyways follow the directions on that link and buy TWO bottles of Z6. Z6 is your friend!!! Also I'd go with high quality microfiber towels instead of the cotton I've used both Microfiber just makes it easier.

JMHO!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Normally, I just use the washing formula and Z2. If I notice any light scratches I'll use Z5 instead.

Here are my opinions:

Z1: Not sure what the hell it's for. Used it and didn't notice squat.

Z2: Good all around polish/wax. I normally use this when I was my car.

Z3: Never used.

Z5: Works well for small scratches. I use this only every now and then.

Z6: Awesome stuff!!! I don't use it after washing. I use it when I'm too lazy to wash the car. I just spray this on and wipe off with a cotton towel. The car is clean and shiny!

Z7: I use this everytime, nothing special about it.

Z9: Used a couple times, seems to work pretty well.

Z10: THE BEST ZAINO PRODUCT EVER!!! (IMO). It smells JUST like brand new leather. Makes your seat nice and shiny without the greasy feeling. Also protects against sun. The best part is the smell. You can use it on your shoes or suitcase also.

Z12: This stuff works VERY well. No streaks at all on the windows, although can be a little dusty when wiping off.

Z14: Never used.

Z16: Used a lot, but not worth it IMO. There are better tire shines out there that last longer.

Z18: Also a great product. Works VERY well to remove any grit off the paint, tree sap, anything. One bar lasts a long time, just don't drop it!

314: Don't get, they fall apart too easily and are hard to clean. A cotton towel works well instead.

ZFX: I always use this with my Z2 or Z5. I am not sure exactly what it does but Zaino says I need to use it, oh well.

My favorite product is Z10 by far. The smell is intoxicating. All Zaino products smell great, but if you love that new leather smell, then get this!!!

[/infomercial mode]
Old 11-23-2004, 08:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

clay bar
Z1
Z2 on top of Z1 & let sit over night
Z6
Z2 again
Z6 again

Z6 after every wash

Z2, Z6 once a month

repeat every spring

That's my routine...

I use Z5 occasionally. I also love Z10 conditioner cleaner and only use Z7 wash.

I highly recommend these products, the best I've used by far...

Last edited by ssPetess; 11-23-2004 at 08:43 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats everyones zaino process?