Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Novus polish worked great!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 05:02 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up Novus polish worked great!!

my headlights were down right CRAPPY, i'm talking beyond crappy, i believe the passenger side one had a bit of a GREEN tint before i started lol. i got the 3 step novus polish kit from spa depot (14$ i think) and some 600 as well as some 1500 grit sand paper from a local body shop. i searched a hardware store as well as lowes and 600 was the finest grit i could find. lady at the body shop sold me 5 sheets of each i bought for 5 bux

i was set up in my livingroom with a big tupperware (sp?) in a chair with me sitting across from it on the couch, i put about an inch of water in the bottom and sanded my *** off, using a sponge to put water over the headlight every so often. i watched tv and sanded, probably about an hour or so (maby a little longer) on each one (i wanted to do it right). then i took a break for a few hours and went to the coarse polish, then the fine polish, then the final "clean and shine" stuff. i used only small portions of the polish cloths, and i polished with the same area of each of the 3 cloths for each step. a little of this stuff goes a LONG WAY. i could probably do 4 more sets of headlights with this kit, and its only the 2oz bottles! polishing probably took me about 2 hours for both of them taking tons of breaks because my arm was about to die. i would recommend taking about 5 alieves (sp?) so the arm crampage wont getcha too bad!

these things look BRAND NEW!! they are super slick!!

only problem is now my mom wants me to do the tailights on her truck lol

i would definatly recommend this process to anybody! just remember, the more you work with it, the better it'll look !

the front end of my car looks 10000 times better now
Old 12-17-2004, 06:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. Using a little elbow grease really makes a difference sometimes.

Quick Reply: Novus polish worked great!!