Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TransAm carbon fiber dash pieces????

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default TransAm carbon fiber dash pieces????

Does anyone make Carbon fiber molded dash pieces for a TransAm dash? I really am interested in the guage bezel, radio bezel, and maybe some door panel pieces too.

I have a TransAm dash and door panels in my Camaro and just want to make a nice subtle change to the stock pieces. I've tried the search feature but all I can find is Camaro stuff.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year One has some. They are a little expensive but they look real nice.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try Google-ing for a company called GEMICO. You also might check with local stereo shops, as that's where I found mine. I have their CF overlays in my car. They've been there 4+ years with no peeling or discoloration, and my car stays outside 99% of the time. The only problem I have had is they send a large rectangular piece that just happened to fit the top of the glove box door. (I say "just happend to fit" because it didn't show in the instructions) It is peeling off now, from the corners. I don't know that it was actually intended to even be used at all, but I just noticed that it fit, so I stuck it.

Other than that, their stuff is very nice! Includes an alcohol prep "marker" and pretty good destructions! They also have different color combinations (I just stuck with standard black, but they have black/red, black/yellow and black/blue weave, maybe others now.)

Best of luck!
Taco
Old 12-23-2004, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Taco do you have any pics? I have been wanting to go with a red/black kit for my car
Old 12-23-2004, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

the companies and products you all mentioned are they inlays or are they the actual parts that have been coated or molded in carbon fiber?
Old 12-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Teching In

I have a brushed aluminum kit in my camaro, the molded kind you are talking about. But they are the actual dash pieces that have been coated, so theres no peeling, no double back tape or glue. The process they do this with is called photogenesis. They sand your parts til theyre smooth, then put the "effect" in your case, carbon fiber, then put clear over it. It looks pretty damn good. I bought mine from afterthoughts auto, but its not something they advertise or carry in stock. YOu might want to hit them up. Try searching photogenesis on the net.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

I talked to someone from afterthougths and he told me that they weren't going to sell that anymore. He said that it was crazy expensive and they didn't think many people would be willing to spend the $$ on it. I have seen it on their firehawk and on a GTP and I did think it looked good.

There is company that I know of does the prosses. I have their web site if you want it. They do a lot of work for the custom truck guys.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Hey, here is my carbon fiber kit. It was around $220 I believe.

I'm pretty happy with the kit.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Teching In

WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE, THAT IS PHAT AS ****!!!!!!
I also like what you did with your air vents, are those the stock vents??? How did you do that??
Old 12-25-2004, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

ehhh not worth the $220 IMO but looks kinda cool.
Old 12-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Those are aftermarket a/c vents. They are a billet product. I spent about $125 on them. PM me for the info on them, or on the carbon fiber.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

cfdemarco- Are those c.f. overlays or are they molded pieces?
Old 12-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Teching In

They are overlays. They have a 3M adhesive backing and come with adhesive promotor.
The place also does custom coating, but I didn't feel like sending my interior into them and waiting who knows how long to get it back. It's something like 95 cents per square inch coated which doesn't sound like much but adds up quickly. I saw a Z28 that had most of its interior custom coated by this company and it looked outstanding.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine are also inlays. They look just like the ones CF posted, except mine didn't come with a piece that goes around and over the AC vents, and mine did come with a piece that goes around the headlight switch panel. I'll try to get pics, but I can't really promise anything, since I don't have a digi-cam.

You try to find info about Gemico? I know they're not a sponsor, but some of the sponsors might carry their stuff.

Also, one thing I didn't like about mine at first, but I do now, is that the piece that goes on the TCS switch panel is only an outline of the whole panel (instead of a solid piece with just the cutout for the switch). I didn't like it, but come time to mount my fan switch, I sure was glad!

Best of luck,
Taco

Also, if you'd be interested in using all aftermarket gauges, I have the phone number of a guy who can make a complete gauge cluster out of carbon fiber, but you have to use all-aftermarket gauges, and that can get expensive. The bezel itself isn't that expensive (comparatively speaking) and it's a very nice piece, bolts in place of the stock bezel. But you could spend close to $700 dollars on gauges to fill it, so I can understand. That the reason I don't have one!
Old 12-27-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I checked out Gemico last night and I saw what they have. Looked nice and they even offered to send a sample to me so I can choose a color.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the info Taco. I did do a search for Gemico but wasn't able to find any pics of their kits on a TransAm interior. As far as the carbon fiber guage cluster I already made one and one also for the radio and ac control area. Here is a link to it if this is what you were talking about

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2160633.

Thanks for your help guys.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

DopeFedZ I emaild them and they sent me the diagram of what each kit has. IF you want shoot me your email and I'll forward it to you or you can email them yourself. They responded real quick
Old 12-28-2004, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Best of luck with them. I was mistaken about one thing. The kit I got did not have the piece that goes around the headlight switches, I don't know what I was thinking.

Sorry, hope they have what you guys are looking for!
Taco
Old 03-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Teching In

hey demarco those vents look real good. can you send me some info on where to get them.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jesse01pontiac
hey demarco those vents look real good. can you send me some info on where to get them.
Look a the dates man. This thread is A DECADE old.

Quick Reply: TransAm carbon fiber dash pieces????